Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics in Computer Games

Options
  • 20-11-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

First off, I'm mainly starting this thread because I have an essay on a very similar topic and I'm having trouble due to my lack of familiarity with MMORPGS but it's still a fairly interesting topic. Considering how integral T.V. has been in politics and with the interactive nature of Online gaming does anyone see big political names setting up avatars in Second Life or W.O.W. holding interactive rallies considering that location becomes irrelevant in online gaming and it offers a far deeper level of interactivity than T.V. and to anybody who plays Warcraft, Second Life or EVE was there any invasive campaigning in the run up to the election?

P.S. Any sources on politics in computer gamin would me very very appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,425 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it isn't just politics in online games it might be worth checking out the political messages in japanese games. Stuff like the frist 2 metal gear games and metal gear solid had a very anti american message as did a few other older japanese games before japanese gaming started getting recognition in the west.

There's also a really awful chinese snes game that was released as homebrew which had an article in hardcore gaming 101 recently that was very anti chinese, can't find a link to it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Here's a site that I haven't had a chance to go through yet, but it might have some interesting stuff on it: http://www.gamepolitics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

DLC in Mercenaries 2 - Obama & Palin

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Same for Burnout paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pfft, games are for kids! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement