Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggest me a PDA

• 20-11-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi lads

Please suggest me a PDA/Phone. Loosing touch with latest market because of buzy job. My requirements are simple-
    Windows mobile preferable (will be downloading lot of powerpoint and word documents from laptop)
    Big screen (big is better)
    GPS (no plan to buy tomtom)
    Camera (not so desirable)
    Sufficient memory or expandable by card.
    Touch screen.

cheers ! every suggestion appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

any specific network/price/payg or billpay?
    wifi would prob be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I got a vodafone v1520 for work - it's really just a slightly branded Asus P550. Very fast processor, 3.5'' screen, gps built in (though no software, but it works really well with google maps)...etc etc... I installed touchpal, which, given a couple of days' practice, makes onscreen typing fairly acceptable.

Only nag is battery life which is really quite poor, though I'm on the road a lot and I just plug it into the ciggie-lighter... Camera's alright for daylight shots and nothing else. It's fairly alright for mp3 as well, but has only a 2.5mm socket...
    It's very sturdy, and despite trying hundreds of apps, it rarely needs a reset/reboot. Battery aside, it's def'ly one of the better phones I've used this year. And I crave the 800mhz P565 :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

no price limit. I have vodafone at the moment but might switch if good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

SAMSUNG OMNIA :D:D:D
    great phone!!
    available on voda !!!
    very very expensive, but worth it

Advertisement