Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs Annacotty Roundabout?

Options
  • 20-11-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone have any idea what this is all about? Guys in High-Vis Vests stopping cars just after the Annacotty (Vistakon) roundabout (Dublin side) and asking Q's.

Had stopped a guy with yellow reg. plates when I was passing at short while ago?

Thanks in advance,

Raiser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

ya went past a while ago. had pulled over a car with polish plates.
    must be just checking plates? unusual to see checkpoint in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

they move around country checkin for cars that should be irish regged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Car is confiscated on the spot if it should have VRT paid and an irish reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes they are clamping down on people who are resident in Ireland but driving cars with foreign plates that haven't paid Value Related Tax (VRT) on the cars so that Irish plates can be put on them.

Expect to see more of this as more and more people import used cars from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

they should get after the lad down the road from me so, he has had his english reg plates for ages now....but saying that, his dad is a garda :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

they should get after the lad down the road from me so, he has had his english reg plates for ages now....but saying that, his dad is a garda :mad:

No point posting it here, report it.
    If customs call to his door or workplace, his family connections aren't going to help him

Haha yeah then his father will ask who reported it and then my family are up **** creek mate

It must be a Limerick thing that people are afraid of garda harassment. This why they don't get much cooperation?
    If you've nothing to hide what can they do to your family?

No point complaining about it here so, posters can only sympathize or maybe give advice.
    Nobody can take action for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

micmclo wrote: »
    If customs call to his door or workplace, his family connections aren't going to help him

In what country are you living?????

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

they also check to see if you are using the correct type of diesel and if not a hefty fine will be coming your way

• Advertisement

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

It must be a Limerick thing that people are afraid of garda harassment. This why they don't get much cooperation?
    If you've nothing to hide what can they do to your family?
    Nobody can take action for you

I'm with you on this. Good people of Limerick please take action, the garda are on your side.

Haha yeah then his father will ask who reported it and then my family are up **** creek mate
    Exactly

Ok, maybe you should piss and moan to anoymous internet users who give advice but you won't take action so you react to the poster instead who was only trying to help :confused:

I'm not sure if this is a Limerick thing. Are the big bad gardai and custom officers all out to get ye. They work for you and to help you, use them and by reporting this you help them to help you

Sorry, you can flame me but I can't help you with your neighbour.

What you dont understand is....if a police car crashed into you and you reported it, do you not think that they will get back at you?? For example stopping you and saying you were speeding when you werent....that is how backward this country is.

Thats the main reason why i havent reported the said persons tax evasion! Maybe I should! Doubt anything will happen though.

Who knows how long you can have UK plates for?

If they stop you for speeding ask for proof like a print-off. I think they are supposed to provide this, could be wrong though. The motors forum would know this if you want to ask.
    If they mess you about then go to the ombudsman.
    Or even your TD.
    But first their superintendant

The gardai are not to be feared if you've done nothing wrong, they work for you and no matter who in the organisation is giving you a hard time, there is ALWAYS someone more superior you can go to if you've a valid complaint. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Who knows how long you can have UK plates for?

One working day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

What you dont understand is....if a police car crashed into you and you reported it, do you not think that they will get back at you?? For example stopping you and saying you were speeding when you werent....that is how backward this country is.

Do you make your own tin hats or buy them ready made?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

new laws coming in that will probably extend the amount of time u can hold onto plates....foreign cars will now need to get an nct before they can be registered here.

concussion wrote: »
    Do you make your own tin hats or buy them ready made?? :confused::confused:

I get them imported ;) as a matter of fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

No point posting it here, report it.
    Rat !!! :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement