Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excorisms of Ghosts of Satan

Options
  • 20-11-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

This is yet another thing that puzzles me about the "doctrine" preached by the current trend of athiest fanatics.

I assume that the fact that you don't beleive in spirits or ghosts that you don't beleive in exorcisms.

Then why would the churches have so many exorcists?

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/List-of-exorcists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcist

So people are getting rid of demons but if what athiests say is true there is no such thing?

How does athiest doctrine address this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

... and awaaaay we go!!!

Seriously, I think Gareth37 is a bot or something? His arguments have so many holes in them right from the start that any Atheist is going to jump right on them. Be warned, I guarantee he's already preparing pre-scripted replies right now that will completely ignore your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Gareth37 wrote: »

Wow, just wow. Best reasoning ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Insert joke on exorcising trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

... and awaaaay we go!!!

Seriously, I think Gareth37 is a bot or something? His arguments have so many holes in them right from the start that any Atheist is going to jump right on them. Be warned, I guarantee he's already preparing pre-scripted replies right now that will completely ignore your posts.

Nothing pre-scripted, nothing to hide. How can one deny that spirits exist among us whom many are evil. I was just wondering how of those who have no belief deal with this fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

tricky D wrote: »
    Insert joke on exorcising trolls

No joke, a serious question.

How do you talk off the existence of evil spirits in people, homes etc and why have the churches placed a high emphasis on this with so many priests?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Nothing pre-scripted, nothing to hide. How can one deny that spirits exist among us whom many are evil. I was just wondering how of those who have no belief deal with this fact.
    No joke, a serious question.

How do you talk off the existence of evil spirits in people, homes etc and why have the churches placed a high emphasis on this with so many priests?

Wow you must be a clever bot to realise when people are calling you a bot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Same reason that voodoo doctors dance around in circles, going Ooo-Ooo-Ooo and waving chickens and the like -- because their uninformed and clueless worldview tells them that this is how you cure people.
    How does athiest doctrine address this matter?
    If you're referring to mental illness, then most of us would recommend going to a doctor.

Same as you would if your arm were broken (unless the Pope has suddenly started blaming broken arms on demons).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How can Satan have a ghost? And even if it were possible, why would he need more than one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sorry, only one farcical thread to keep people occupied per day.

Gareth37, if you even gave the appearance of absorbing people's responses in your threads things might be treated differently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement