Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend me a window tinter

Options
  • 20-11-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

As above looking for some recommendations re window tinting in the Dublin area, near D24 would be even better, although willing to travel throughout Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

RS6 wrote: »
    As above looking for some recommendations re window tinting in the Dublin area, near D24 would be even better, although willing to travel throughout Dublin.

Autoflair - Unit A13 South City Business Centre, Tallaght, D24. 01 462 3833

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

It doesn't matter how cheap it is. Tinted windows mean that you are:
    • a drug dealer
    • a whoremonger
    • or someone who is such a loser that he can't even become one of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Michael G wrote: »
    • a drug dealer
    • a whoremonger
    • or someone who is such a loser that he can't even become one of the other two.

Entire design aesthetic of my car relies on - and as such it is supplied with - rear tinted windows. I'm sure being either of the first two would mean I'd never be driving such a cheap car, or have a car loan on it; but I'm nearly sure I could be a drug dealer if I had to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

What car is it btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Michael G

play nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• a drug dealer
    • a whoremonger

The president car and support cars have them
    The Taoiseach's car has them
    Ambulances have them
    Prison vehicles have them
    Van's have them to protect their tools.
    Some estate cars have them as standard
    Hyundai peopl carriers come with them as standard
    You can have green/black tint from VW/Audi asan extra
    My audi has an 11% gradient on the windows to block UV
    Sanyong have them, Im just looking at one here and this is definately factory fitted.

There are different levels of tint.

There is light smoke, dark smoke limo tint and coloured tint. There is also two tone faded tint. It depends on what tint you put on to produce a mild look or a knob look. A red boy racered car with stupid exhaust and sporty stickers with red faded into silver tint and a shopping trolley spoiler on the roof will look stupid.

A Volvo V50(for example) with light smoke from the B pillar back to and around the rear window is quite normal and looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've been recommended by this place a few times

http://www.visionfx.ie/index.php?loc=contact

Also, anything below 32% VLT is drug dealer territory. I would go for somewhere between 35-40%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

• a drug dealer
    • a whoremonger

You left out, just plain ugly.

However, i found shades in blanchardstown good

ps, yes i know i'm ugly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've been recommended by this place a few times

http://www.visionfx.ie/index.php?loc=contact

Also, anything below 32% VLT is drug dealer territory. I would go for somewhere between 35-40%

Agree got two cars tinted here excellent service and gurantee bout €230 for a hatchback

• Advertisement
Advertisement