Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very strange comic - not good, just strange.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Dr. McNinja is in fact very very good. Academic theories postulating that it is in fact both the centre of the universe and the origin of all goodness found in that universe have been advanced, although to date they have not yet gained much traction.

On another note, kindly expand your post by explaining what you find so strange about Dr McNinja and why you wanted to share that particular page with us. This would help give the thread some direction and also help prove that you're not a spambot or a compromised account, which in turn would save me the minor tedium of having to lock and delete the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I have to agree with you Kyle, I've only started reading it (I'm shamed to say), but a friend prompted me to recently, and its by far one of the best webcomics out there.
    The art does the job, the writing is sharp (and even though it can be random sometimes, it isn't random the way anime-loving teenage girls are), and you just can't argue with ninjas putting themselves on fire as a defensive tactic!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think my favourite bit was when he had that "What would batman do?" moment, followed by jumping through a skylight clutching his doctor's coat about him like a cape :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Fysh wrote: »
    I think my favourite bit was when he had that "What would batman do?" moment, followed by jumping through a skylight clutching his doctor's coat about him like a cape :D

makes me laugh everytime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

As has already been said one of the best web comics out there, kinda Deadpool esque I feel but still great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

I've only begun to dip my toe into the world of comics and graphic novels (The Watchmen and V) and McNinja just seems disjointed and kind of plotless to me. I found it on stumbleupon so maybe I should go back to the start. I probably should have reconsidered before entering the comic lair! :o

I've only begun to dip my toe into the world of comics and graphic novels (The Watchmen and V) and McNinja just seems disjointed and kind of plotless to me. I found it on stumbleupon so maybe I should go back to the start. I probably should have reconsidered before entering the comic lair! :o

Ah, I see - yeah, it's one of those comics that you really do have to start at the beginning with. The pages don't really work on a standalone basis, which can be a bit confusing. It's worth reading though, it's hilarious in a surreal and very silly sort of way.

On a more generalised note, welcome :) Please don't take my initial response as indicative of the general atmosphere around here, unfortunately your choice of wording was very similar to what a few spambots have used recently. If you're still finding your way around the comics world, why not have a look through the webcomic links in the resources thread or check out the Ultimate Comic Bookshelf & What Comic Are You Reading? threads for some suggestions and ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

It's VERY good, but not in the same vein as PBF or anything of that kind. It's not really random, it's actually very calculated, as events happen that no-one could possibly predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Hah, I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Awe-some.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Dr McNinja is without a doubt the funniest comic EVER. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

cheers for the link, heard about it before but never read it...

is there a thread specifically about webcomics here?

Advertisement