Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free WiFi for a year?? (O2 poster)

Options
  • 20-11-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I noticed an O2 poster recently advertising the iPhone with "free WiFi for a year"

Now I'm unlikely to buy one in the immediate future, but need a device similar to it, for and ideally one with wifi.

But the question is, if the iPhone has wifi, it is not enabled for use for ALL open wifi facilities. Do they charge extra to enable your wifi option ??

My understanding is that some places, mostly hotels, have free open WiFi, and any wifi device can use them.

Do O2 have closed WiFi hotspots , open to iPhone users ??
    Eircom, have similar ads.

It kinda reminds me of when I worked for a (cough cough) wireless broadband provider, and the sales staff had great difficulty differenciating between the Wireless broadband and household WiFi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its a partnership with a specific Wifi hotspot provider. If you have your own Wifi, or use another open Wifi connection of course there is no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Its a partnership with a specific Wifi hotspot provider. If you have your own Wifi, or use another open Wifi connection of course there is no charge.

Yes it's with Bitbuzz

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

Thanks for that,

Have looked at the list of hotspots for dublin and am kinda (60%ish) sure that I have seen a few of those places advertise free wifi anyway..

or I suppose my question is more of a general one..

What is free wifi access around Dublin city centre like ??

Advertisement