Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kinvara Website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Thats Brilliant as a Kinvara person i can definitely agree with everything stated its all fact, i wonder is Grandpa Spudsack a certain Donal Sugrooo??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dreenman

Jammyd wrote: »
    Thats Brilliant as a Kinvara person i can definitely agree with everything stated its all fact, i wonder is Grandpa Spudsack a certain Donal Sugrooo??? :D

I dont know about Spudsack but the stuff about the harbour is certainly true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

Hi,

I am planning to head to Kinvara for new years eve and I was looking at the website, It has been very helpful! I was wondering if you could tell me whether the Merriman hotel has a swimming pool because its not on their website! Also what would you recommend for new years eve, Im happy just to relax, I was just wondering what locals would recommend?Also if your not planning on bringing a car how would you recommend getting to the burren?
    Thanks in advance!

missyb wrote: »
    Hi,

I am planning to head to Kinvara for new years eve and I was looking at the website, It has been very helpful! I was wondering if you could tell me whether the Merriman hotel has a swimming pool because its not on their website! Also what would you recommend for new years eve, Im happy just to relax, I was just wondering what locals would recommend?Also if your not planning on bringing a car how would you recommend getting to the burren?
    Thanks in advance!

Well I'm not sure how useful that Website is but Kinvara is great craic at New Year.

I'm afraid The Merriman does not have a swimming pool.

As for getting to the Burren without a car I'm not sure - its a good few miles to get to the nearest hills so you would have to be a keen and fit walker - also the 'main' road is not that good for walking. Hitching is a possibility.

The Galway to Doolin Bus would pass through part of the Burren but not sure of the holiday timetable.

Befriending a local with a car on New Years Eve might work - if they can remember anything the next day.
    There is a taxi which I am sure the hotel can advise you on.
    The Burren is a big area.

As for 'relaxation' depending on whether there are any pubs still open by the end of the year(!), I think Green's & Connelly's are best suited for visitors and the best chance for music.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

dreenman wrote: »
    Checkout the latest about Kinvara

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kinvara

Not sure this qualifies as a website, but it is different.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Missyb did your New Year's eve in Kinvara?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

Hi

Thanks very much for your feedback, I did, it was really beautiful, I would live there, expect I couldnt get a job there and cant afford the houses! But I really enjoyed it, so much so I think my sister is heading there at Easter for a writing course, as recommended by me! Your lucky to live in such a lovely place.

Hi

Thanks very much for your feedback, I did, it was really beautiful, I would live there, expect I couldnt get a job there and cant afford the houses! But I really enjoyed it, so much so I think my sister is heading there at Easter for a writing course, as recommended by me! Your lucky to live in such a lovely place.

It is a great place to live - lovely community as well.

Jobs are hard to come by right enough - I guess that is true everywhere. As for the house prices - houses arent selling at all in Kinvara hopefully that means the prices will drop by a lot more and become affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When they realised they were lost and many miles from their Burren home they resolved to start a new life on the Inlet and, in the Clare tradition, started to interbreed rapidly. By 1970 the population had risen to 153. It was in that year that they discovered heterosexuality.
    :D:D

Advertisement