Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalkeeper

Options
  • 20-11-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find any decent goalies lads. World class guys? Guys who'll go to a team like spurs...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Igor Akinfieev was great in the last few games. Don't know how much he costs in this one though. You should have a fair bit to spend as Spurs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

I was going to post the same question, I cant find any good keepers that dont cost 10+. My scouts just keep coming back with the most expensive guys they can find, dumbasses. I want a young keeper I can train and make number 1. Any ideas??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Igor Akinfieev was great in the last few games. Don't know how much he costs in this one though. You should have a fair bit to spend as Spurs anyway.

I bid 15mill for him in 2009 and couldn't get him. Scouts only rated him as decent.

I'm more then happy with Given and Harper at Newcastle. :)
    Steve Harper is a great backup and nothing worse then having a moaning backup keeper constantly demanding games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

you could chance signing Hugo Lloris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

you could chance signing Hugo Lloris.

Hugo Lloris and Manuel Neuer were the best goalkeepers available at a reasonable price in FM08 (after the nuking of Ustari's PA in 8.0.2), so probably worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Lloris moved to Lyon in the summer so you'd have to wait a while to get him.

Lloris moved to Lyon in the summer so you'd have to wait a while to get him.

oh yeah, forgot that. Yet another player that SI seem to have spotted before anyone else.

Mandana is another young highly rated French goalkeeeper in real life, at Marseille, another worth scouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Mandana is another young highly rated French goalkeeeper in real life, at Marseille, another worth scouting.
    Feel like a prick but...

Again...I think he only signed permanently during the summer. AFAIK, he was actually on loan from Le Havre last season.

Feel like a prick but...

Again...I think he only signed permanently during the summer. AFAIK, he was actually on loan from Le Havre last season.

there needs to be an empty noose smiley... :(

strangely though he actually appears to have signed permanently in the Spring, not the actual summer. that's what all the databases have down anyway. France is weird.

Advertisement