Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad time to sell a car??

Options
  • 20-11-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Was wondering is now a bad time to try sell my car privately, seems no one wants to buy or everyone else is trying to sell theirs too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

I would say bad time is a massive understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

its not the best time alright...

what ya got, Bitsie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah very bad time to sell, and depending on what car you are trying to sell, it could just make it even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

It really depends on what you are trying to sell ? Cheaper, smaller engined cars are still in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Just sold mine with not much trying. Key thing is a realistic price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Thomas

I know the market is cr*p at the moment and you won't get much but when you say its a 'bad time' now - even if the market picks up next year its not like car prices will rise - they just might not fall as fast. If you sell now you're still going to get more than you will next year regardless of how bad the market is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep - it's a bad time to sell. But you should also consider that no vehicle will appreciate in value. So if you're not happy with the current price you should bear in mind that it will only get worse as the months roll by.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

It's an 07 Renault Clio that im looking to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

really nice motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Bitsie wrote: »
    It's an 07 Renault Clio that im looking to sell.

Are you selling to get a bigger car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is it the new model or old model Clio?

The only thing with the Clio's is alot of the would have been used as rent-a-car's and would be coming off duty around this time. Could be a competitive market price wise.

Also could be tough "in the times we're in". *yawn* Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

I was looking to sell my 07 A3 but the market is a joke right now. Reckon I'll get another years driving out of it for small money.

Been talking to some dealers and their having a very hard time at present. Reduction in vrt and imports are having a massive affect on second hand prices.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm the same looking to sell my 02 Honda Civic Type R - but not sure if I coudl even sell it. not looking for massive money, 14k, but there are lots on carzone and some at way more money on buyandsell.

I'd be haoppy to wait a while but I don't think that it is going to get any better.... I cannot see how waiting a year would mean you got any more money that now

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I gave up trying to sell mine, selling it because ive 2 of the same car but abviously can only afford and only need one of them.

What changed my mind about selling it was the crap prices and I meen CRAP prices people where expecting me to take. For example I even tried scrappys out of interest, about the same time a part died in one of the cars, I had to pay the same for a second hand part as what they wanted to pay me for the whole car. And it is a lot of car by the way.

So im keepn it, gonna use it for doner parts or kit it out for off roading when im gainfully employed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement