Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II

Options
  • 20-11-2008 6:48pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I must confess I'm a big fan of the first game, not to mention Operation Flashpoint before it, despite their flaws.

There's a preview here. I didn't realise this was coming out so soon. Quite looking forward to it and particularly the co-op stuff, which seems all the rage right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I have ArmA but I never played it, don't remember why not, think it was all the talk of bugs, I'll pick this up when the price drops

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Picked up ArmA as an op flash fan but while it was good it was unforgivably broken. Even the patches didn't fix it. If this works then fantastic, I'm all for it - if not, then op flash2 is being developed by a "real" dev anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sounds exactly like the promises made for Arma. Thing is nothing can beat OFP one of the most under rated games ever made, i still play it today with my mates some of the best coop times iv had in a game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stev_o wrote: »
    Sounds exactly like the promises made for Arma. Thing is nothing can beat OFP one of the most under rated games ever made, i still play it today with my mates some of the best coop times iv had in a game

Bought that recently for nostaligic reasons, what a truly excellent game. When it 1st came out remember ****ting my pants everytime i was left alone and there was 1 guy ahead. Just truly terrified that i would die.

If anything the realism brought a scare the bejeebus out of you factor. Shame the bugs in all versions made it the Body Harvest of PC gaming, everything so nearly perfect but something always something non game related that killed it.

Dunno why but the Team razor thing in Arma 2 makes me think this is gonna be a console easy to play type game, a poor mans Raven Shiel but with BF maps :( hope im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bought that recently for nostaligic reasons, what a truly excellent game. When it 1st came out remember ****ting my pants everytime i was left alone and there was 1 guy ahead. Just truly terrified that i would die.

If anything the realism brought a scare the bejeebus out of you factor. Shame the bugs in all versions made it the Body Harvest of PC gaming, everything so nearly perfect but something always something non game related that killed it.

Dunno why but the Team razor thing in Arma 2 makes me think this is gonna be a console easy to play type game, a poor mans Raven Shiel but with BF maps :( hope im wrong

Aye i think the 2nd mission in where your on a routine patrol make contact and suddenly get attacked by a whole tank regiment scared the living sh1t outta me i was like sh1ittttt ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

And not to forget the awesome voices "Oh no. Two. Is down.... This is. SEVEN. Taking command "

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well another reason why I hope this is great is becasue they are also making Carrier Command 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Whats the story with the mission in Arma where your on nightguard in realtime :eek:, I waited what seemed like an hour or 2 for something to happen, but it never did, think I was supposed to wait the full time, I just gave up. Think I'll give this new 1 a miss also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sounds like a bug man, I remember that mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Arma was til, to this day the most bugged and broken game ive ever played (marginally beating Fallout 3). I never got past mission 1 it was that bad. Then when i built a new PC and thought ill try it again and see if its any better this time around, oh no, Arma doesnt support Vista. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

0ubliette wrote: »
    Arma was til, to this day the most bugged and broken game ive ever played (marginally beating Fallout 3). I never got past mission 1 it was that bad. Then when i built a new PC and thought ill try it again and see if its any better this time around, oh no, Arma doesnt support Vista. Fantastic.
    You had it lucky. I couldn't even finish the trainging section. I really wanted to love the game, but it just refused to let me play it.

I don't hold out much hope for it's sequel to be any better, but time will tell, I guess. And as said before, OFP2 will be out soon, so that should ease the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

0ubliette wrote: »

So i wasn't the only one. I felt so bad not playing it either as I loved OpFlash. Can't wait for OpFlash 2, seems to be taking an age tho.

By the way, is it OpFlash 2 where you can blow buildings apart with tanks and planes, even carpet bombing a whole town, or was that one of the promises for Arma?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Man those screenshots.... :o

dis is gonna b grate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I thought the first one was "ok", so I might wait a month and see how this one pans out. Im more interested in flashpoint 2 atm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im gonna give this a go soon,will it work on vista 32bit?

Advertisement