Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Personal Reg Plates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

dennistuam wrote: »
    the only other choice is to order your new number plate from the county council from 1 up to 200 cost about 300 euro
    for example 09 mo 07 or 09 RN 1

You pre-book ANY number that will occur in the normal sequencing of registrations, you will have to wait for that number to be reached in the normal issuing sequence before you can use it.

This is done through the REVENUE COMMISSIONERS who are responsible for registering all vehicles in the state.

Details are on the Revenue Commissioners website.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Someones obviously a few tools short of a toolbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

oh
    my
    sungod

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Motors Thread of the Month!

failcv5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ah, bless the innocence of youth! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Is this not just another area where our idiot leaders have missed out on a good revenue-generating opportunity?

The British government make millions out of selling a seemingly endless supply of vanity plates at rates based on their likely desirability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

These Munich cops have the personalised plate thing sussed.

31337-munich-police.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

For the M50 toll bridge lads.

plate-flipperr.jpg

First two letters of second image can be changed accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Is this not just another area where our idiot leaders have missed out on a good revenue-generating opportunity?

The British government make millions out of selling a seemingly endless supply of vanity plates at rates based on their likely desirability.

I believe the person that OWNS the plate makes the money, though it must be sold through DVLA. I'm open to corection on that. If the DVLA still has a plate it would suggest that it is not desirable, therefore not worth much £499, and our pre-booked plates are €1,000 anyways, and there's no shortage of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hagar wrote: »
    These Munich cops have the personalised plate thing sussed.
    I must be missing something here .. what's special about M-31337?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Nerd speak for "I am better than you"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

didn't know that one either:
    Stands for Eleet. This is the original form of pointing out one's greatness from any standpoint, beit athletic skills, academics, or even hacking or cracking processes.
    It was coined by a cdc group when they listened on a port :31337 and pointed out the Eleet-31337 - ness of their exploits.
    Dude you're true 31337.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=31337

very nerdy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Bryn wrote: »
    No they can not be used on the road. You cannot just go into a shop and get plates made up and use them on the road

Perhaps not, however I sauntered in one early morning in January 06 to a shop in drogheda and gave him the number and he made them up - no questions, nothing and was cheap as chips - less than €20!

Thought it odd he asked no questions!

Advertisement