Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Taps on Ebay

Options
  • 20-11-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all i need to change my leaky kitchen sink tap but just want something reasonably cheap to do the job. Ebay has some nice cheap ones but are the english tap threads the same as our irish ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Usually yes... there is metric and imperial fittings, so find out what you have and get a match!.
    Got a nice mixer tap in Argos works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Ok stupid question, how exactly do i find out if it's metric or imperial. The house is only 4 or 5 yrs old so i'd assume it's metric.

Will check out argos though never even thought of looking there, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Only 4/5 years old?

Have you checked all connections are tightly done up? What about washers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

kleefarr

Well it was a crappy ole tap to begin with, i replace the O rings on it a few months ago to stop it leaking which worked for a while till they went again recently so replaced the O rings again but the leak was still there, so decided to change the whole tap. Got one in argos today that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Excellent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I didnt replace a tap but I bought the whole lot from ebay Sink, Taps and plumbing yes they were metric taps but a quick trip down to the heat merchants soon fixed the issue.

If you do buy from eBay then just ask the seller if its metric and then just purchase the brass convertor.

Job done

Got the whole lot for 99 Pounds inc ship

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

All taps from the uk come metric we seem to be in the dark ages here were still in inches

Advertisement