Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breastfeeding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Hi there, my wife had our first baby on Thursday which we are delighted about. There were a few complications and the baby was taken from us for a few hours. Since then my wife has been trying to express to no avail. Our child is latching on and sucking like mad but nothing is coming out! She has always wanted to breastfeed and is now getting upset because it is not happening. The baby is currently been fed through a tube but will be starting on formula bottles today probably. Is there any advice out there that might help my wife to breastfeed? Is there any service that will come to your house and help you breastfeed? What is the likelyhood she will not be able to breastfeed? Anyone have a similar experience and is now at the other side of the tunnel?

Are you sure nothing is coming out when he feeds? With my second I remember calling the nurses because I thought he was getting nothing but then when he did a spit up there was clearly some milk there. It just took a few days for it to flow well.

Advertisement