Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i out of room for a sound card?

Options
  • 20-11-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I have a Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2460

Im running 2x 8800gtx in sli!

I want to install a sound card aswell though,I dunno if this is a stupid question and i am quite ashamed of myself for having to ask someone else as i wouldnt regard myself as a novice, Anyway each car takes up 2 slots so do i have room to install a sound card? If not are the usb sound cards just as good as the PCI ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You've got 3xPci-e and 3xPci slots, where's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The only free slots are underneath the SLI bridge... will a card fit between the 2 graphics cards and under the sli...
    Look at the pic of the mobo on the website, my graphics cards are in the blue slots and because there dual cards they take up the white slots to their left, im stuck with one white slot and the orange slot but the bridge crosses the slots, i dunno if ill have enough room under the bridge!!!

iv so many regrets with going sli!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It'll fit, its designed to. You do kno there are Pci-e X-fi's available now as well? I presume its an X-fi your intending buying.................trying not to promote them here after the Daniel-K thingy, I've sworn I'll never buy another Creative product, no matter how good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

to be honest i havent started researching what to buy yet. what is an x-fi card tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hogzy wrote: »
    to be honest i havent started researching what to buy yet. what is an x-fi card tho?
    X-Fi is a Creative Labs sound card. See http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10228

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I have an xfi and had a 8800gtx, the xfi should fit underneath the pci bridge.

Advertisement