Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Box!

Options
  • 20-11-2008 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Anyone know what that green box is for on the top of the spine road? at first i thought it was a post box but then i noticed there was no flap to put in your letters...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

don't know but there is one at the junction of new road and mill road in killincarrig near the bus stop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Not familar with the area BUT many green boxes are also for postman to safely lock up their bags while they circle an estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Could it be a control box for a future set of traffic lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I once heard also it was a safe place to lock all the letters up due for delivery. I heard it is due to a reason that the mail is not insured if it is left in the postie's van and something where to happen. Now, that begs the question if it is insured if it is in the box?! Whose insurance covers that?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

SickCert wrote: »
    Not familar with the area BUT many green boxes are also for postman to safely lock up their bags while they circle an estate.

You got it in 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Some also hold emergency wet gear for postmen to wear in case of rain.

Advertisement