Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best current 360 game

Options
  • 20-11-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on what is the best 360 game at the moment. I'm in the market for one but I just can't decide what to get :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What genre? Personally it has to be Fallout 3...its already robbed so many hours off my life!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice on what is the best 360 game at the moment. I'm in the market for one but I just can't decide what to get :(

I'll answer the question if you can tell me the best movie to buy. A lot of them look good but I'd like to know which one is the best.

I'm being facetious but you get the idea. :)

Left 4 Dead is one I can't wait to get my hands on (I'll be playing it on PC) - though you really need to be playing it multiplayer/online to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Interesting replies guys, I was expecting everyone to say COD:WAW or GOW2, I'll look in these, thanks. :)

I'd have to nominate Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Just for the playability side of it. I've already played close to 50 hours and nowhere near finished.

Not so good if you have a lot of college work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd nominate Oblivion also but the OP did mention current games which, in that case, vote goes toFallout 3.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Half way through fallout 3 - amazing game. But the minute I get paid I'll be stuck into Gears 2. Left 4 dead is also tempting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Crackdown is the most fun i've had on the 360 by far, and it's criminally cheap in most places.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seconded 'Crackdown'..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Kiith wrote: »
    Mass Effect.
    Mass Effect tore me apart. On one hand, great story and involving main quest - on the other hand total and utterly crap side missions coupled with mind-numbingly repetitive planet and space-ships levels that had no bearing on anything really. To think Mass Effect stemmed from the classic Knights of the Old Republic makes me wonder how on earth it was the way it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd recommend the Orange box if you haven't played Half Life 2 before like me. That games still stands up really well and having all the other games in the package is just fantastic value

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Fallout3 without a doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Vyse wrote: »
    I'd nominate Oblivion also

I'd third that nomination, only if you have trouble sleeping.

It all depends on what you like, some people love Oblivion but I could only manage putting a few hours into it and have never gone back to it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fallout 3/Gears of war 2...they be games that cant be completed in 2 hours so are actually worth buying..Also Oblivion ull get 100+ hours out of it id say and then the exansion pack you can get for it and all..Really worth it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Left 4 Dead - I've played through the demo so many times. It really is unreal!!!!

If you are a football fan and don't have Fifa 09, its a must. I have quite a long list of games I want to get now:

GOW2,
    Fallout 3,
    FarCry 2,
    Saints Row 2,
    Mirrors Edge,
    Left 4 Dead,
    Smackdown Vs Raw 2009,
    COD:WaW,
    Pure,
    Grid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

saints row 2, first one ate about 30 hours of my life and unlike gta4 it was time i enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Fallout 3 > Everything else

Don't forget about Halo

I'd say more forget halo pick up COD 4, much much much much better

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Favourite is COD4 at the moment. Picked up COD:WaW the other day single player is very good, much prefer the COD4 split-screen multiplayer. Guy in the shop said i could play split-screen on-line play on the new one but don't think thats possible (I haven't found that option yet anyway)

I'd say more forget halo pick up COD 4, much much much much better

No, No, No.

Ive played both game so much and it's like this.

Halo is way more fun and varied.
    Cod is more realistic.

And despite the way the games should be played, Halo comes up as a more tactical shooter for me, team wise.

• Advertisement

i disagree but i won't take the thread any more off topic.

Oh of course the topic... 'game discussion'. How very silly of me.

armour87 wrote: »
    Oh of course the topic... 'game discussion'. How very silly of me.
    I wasn't making a snide comment, i just meant that i started talking about why i didn't like halo & you started talking about why you did that we would turn the thread into a halo vs cod thread which i don't think the OP was looking for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CoD4 >>>>>>> Halo 3.

I'd recomment Left 4 Dead over both, excellent game, one of the best online experiences in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

armour87 wrote: »
    No, No, No.

Ive played both game so much and it's like this.

Halo is way more fun and varied.
    Cod is more realistic.

And despite the way the games should be played, Halo comes up as a more tactical shooter for me, team wise.

Yes SIR!!! Thanks for informing us of how "it is", SIR! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Cheers guys, I've had a look at Fallout 3 and it doesn't really interest me (why I don't know !!) And to put your minds at rest I have both Halo 3 and COD4 and SR2 so I won't need those !!! I might have a look at Far Cry 2 but I'm still undecided....... I might take a look at Left 4 dead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Cheers guys, I've had a look at Fallout 3 and it doesn't really interest me (why I don't know !!) And to put your minds at rest I have both Halo 3 and COD4 and SR2 so I won't need those !!! I might have a look at Far Cry 2 but I'm still undecided....... I might take a look at Left 4 dead too.

Hated fallout 3. Which is essentially oblivion with a green lick of paint thus ruling that out (here it comes.....)

Battlefield bad company is a nice fun all rounder. Seems to be largely overlooked sales wise, you might pick one up used for 35-40

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Mass Effect for me. I went back and played it again, really amazing story. The only annoyances for me are a pretty poor inventory system and the texture pop-in.

If you like a good story more than excellent game mechanics you really should play this game, although the gameplay is actually surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

I'd recommened mirrors edeg if your looking for something a bit different, but really you cant go wrong with any of the games that have been meentioned so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Mass Effect for me. I went back and played it again, really amazing story. The only annoyances for me are a pretty poor inventory system and the texture pop-in.

If you like a good story more than excellent game mechanics you really should play this game, although the gameplay is actually surprisingly good.

I played through more than half of the game...And it was getting impossibly difficulty to play! (I didn't know about the stats you could upgrade) :o Brilliant game though.

Advertisement