Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finance Act BIK...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭corkandproud

By the way I was VERY worried on the first reading but not so worried now,
    still looking for clarification though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Damien360

page 33 and 34 are the relevent pages of the act for BIK.

For new cars from 2009 on. No reference to old scheme and its application to older cars though.

The text and the table below.

"Where a car is provided for the first time
    for the year of assessment 2009 or any sub45
    sequent year, the cash equivalent of the benefit
    shall be an amount determined by the
    formula:
    Original market value × A"

"A" from table below:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just checked for my own car.

1.8TDCi Mondeo Zetec 154g/km so no change at all to my BIK.

But if you got the nice 2.0TDCi then it has 156g/km. Your BIK went up slightly.

If you got a nice low emission BMW diesel then you do not change either (at first glance).

Easy table to understand.

There was no way the government was going to give money back on this.

This appears to apply to new cars in 09 and onwards only. Read page 33 of OP's link to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dooloo

The rate for D and E type for 32,000-40,000km seems to be a bit out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

dooloo wrote: »
    The rate for D and E type for 32,000-40,000km seems to be a bit out of place

I can only imagine it's a typo - should be 21 instead of 31. Hopefully it will be re-issued correctly or there will be some really unhappy people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement