Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Swift opinions.

Options
  • 20-11-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of this as a first car? I've been keeping my eye on prices and about three weeks ago the prices went up about 1 grand overnight. I thought this was very strange. I was thinkin I might get a decent price on one in January but maybe not now. Its the version since 05' btw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Yeah they seem meh, i hear they are more like the original mini, and id say the sport is good.

Never being in 1. But it better be the newer version otherwise a hunting down would be involved!!!

Get a test drive is the best idea to be honest, see what you think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

They're not a bad car to look at (maybe a bit girly) I drove one to naas a while back to a driving school, A 1.3 sx model i think, engine is a bit under-powered on the motorway but around the city it was ok. The interior is a bit flimsy and cheap looking. If you can get your hands on the 1.6 Sport it'd be nice, but i think if i was looking at something like that i'd buy a fiesta or corsa - they'll hold their value that little bit better, and the build quality is better too.

Good look finding your car tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Man or Womans car:D? Personally I think a man can get away with it especially in black

They're not a bad car to look at (maybe a bit girly) I drove one to naas a while back to a driving school, A 1.3 sx model i think, engine is a bit under-powered on the motorway but around the city it was ok. The interior is a bit flimsy and cheap looking. If you can get your hands on the 1.6 Sport it'd be nice, but i think if i was looking at something like that i'd buy a fiesta or corsa - they'll hold their value that little bit better, and the build quality is better too.

Good look finding your car tho!

thanks i heard that about the motorway too, not that I'll be allowed on one for a while:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Man can ONLY get away with black sport version. The interior does look cheap. Oh so your only learning id say not a bad car to learn in! Not much inside to distract you with a little sportyness!

• Advertisement

cabrwab wrote: »
    Man can ONLY get away with black sport version. The interior does look cheap. Oh so your only learning id say not a bad car to learn in! Not much inside to distract you with a little sportyness!

yep just learning but hoping to make a purchase soon and with things the way they are in the motor trade I was hoping I could get something decent to start in. I've been looking at some 03'polos too, probably more realistic than the swift

Advertisement