Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hand tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

No offence taken!!

Firstly I own my own home. I also run my own business - a pet website. I don't live on a pig farm, I breed pigs on my land, which is 5 acres in Donegal. Not in the middle of nowhere, we are 20 minutes from Letterkenny and 10 minutes from Glenties. I have to deal with business people everyday in my line of work. They have got to know me and do not judge me by what is on my hand. People's opinions have never bothered me. Obviously it's been a huge problem for you. Sorry for their ignorance
    I've been to letterkenny lately.... the town itself is the middle of nowhere:p

While I've no piercings now, I used to have a ton, I've a visible neck tattoo, a mohawk and now instead of piercings i get the occaisional black eye, So I wont try and lecture you on the visibility part, but I will expand on the point about trying to stop your kid when he's older.

I got my nipple done at 16, My father bloody hated it and refused to talk to me, when he eventually did, he asked me did I know how stupid I was, to which I replied as stupid as a 40 year old man who's hiding a tattoo from his mother for the last 21 years? not much he could say to that,

When I turned 18 I got my first bit of ink, When the father found out he went balistic with the arguement that i didn't no what the health regulations was like, To which I pointed out he got his original tattoo covered up while slightly drunk in Turkey. Now much he could say to that.

My point is while you say you understand the implications for the future and hope your kid will be responcible when there 18, What if your child doesn't wait? what it he indian inks himself/herself at 14/15?? How can you judge him/her

Also you never know how children will use what you've done in the past against you. While seriously considering getting my ears pointed to the extent I went to Rob in snakebite to discuss the process(dont do it btw) I had my arguement with my father planned out, Simply by saying at least I'm not hiding my body mods from my parents.

The same way if god forbid any girl im with gets pregnant, I can simply point out he had two kids by my age, my mother was 21 with 3.

Also while tattoo's are very mainstream now, What if it goes back to being judged the way it used to be?? Let's be honest alot of gangs worldwide are covered in ink, Doesn't do much for the reputation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Umbrella Corp

Cool Story!! I'm very free and open with my 4 kids. I love them to bits but I want them to experience everything in life and if one of those experiences is getting a tattoo them Im all for it. I have 6 tattoos now and plan on getting a whole lot more (including a neck piece). I take your point and understand where your coming from, just wish people were a bit more open minded. Coolies on the ear idea what about the forked tongue???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Hello lostinnappies,
    I am 36 and have a what I consider a good job, 2 kids 14 & 10, have had a great laugh but been responsible all my life, hopefully 2 years left on mortgage:D. Ever since my youngest was born I wanted to get a tatoo that incorporatedthe name of my wife and both kiddies done on my wrist, I had designed it and loved it but did not allow myself to get it done...
    what will people think
    wrist tatoo's had become common
    if my marraige broke up
    job prospects.... etc
    At 34 I realised F0ck-it, its my life, I got my tatoo done & I love it, life is short, so my advice is if you want it and have thought about it you should get it.
    About the ink spreading... its 2 years old now and looks as good as the day it healed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Cool Story!! I'm very free and open with my 4 kids. I love them to bits but I want them to experience everything in life and if one of those experiences is getting a tattoo them Im all for it. I have 6 tattoos now and plan on getting a whole lot more (including a neck piece). I take your point and understand where your coming from, just wish people were a bit more open minded. Coolies on the ear idea what about the forked tongue???
    But what if they were underage?? or if they did it in secret?
    Hello lostinnappies,
    I am 36 and have a what I consider a good job, 2 kids 14 & 10, have had a great laugh but been responsible all my life, hopefully 2 years left on mortgage:D. Ever since my youngest was born I wanted to get a tatoo that incorporatedthe name of my wife and both kiddies done on my wrist, I had designed it and loved it but did not allow myself to get it done...
    what will people think
    wrist tatoo's had become common
    if my marraige broke up
    job prospects.... etc
    At 34 I realised F0ck-it, its my life, I got my tatoo done & I love it, life is short, so my advice is if you want it and have thought about it you should get it.
    About the ink spreading... its 2 years old now and looks as good as the day it healed.
    as you said, yours is a wrist, wrist is different from hands

Advertisement