Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N1 Speeding Fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

How can you be a safe driver if you admit to seeing no wrong in going at least 125% of the posted limit?

Who says the limit is correct for that driver in that car for that particular time of day, road conditions and traffic density? How do you know they wouldn't have been safe at 200% + of the posted limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I don't know of any road in this country where the speed limits are adjustable according to traffic density, the time, or the day of the week!

The underground section of the M50 (port tunnel )has variable speed limits, which are changed depending on traffic conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭sammy657

Sorry just off topic anyone seen that grey dodgy loking one in the 120kph limit m1 in louth just after dundalk or droghda? thought to myself how could you see that thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

bman wrote: »
    Who says the limit is correct for that driver in that car for that particular time of day, road conditions and traffic density?
    The law of the land plus the laws of physics.
    bman wrote: »
    How do you know they wouldn't have been safe at 200% + of the posted limit?
    Safe for whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

The law of the land plus the laws of physics.

So the law of the land takes all the variable environmental conditions into account and derives a dynamic speed limit for which traveling under is deemed safe?? Because if it doesn't then the limit can not be correct at at all times, and actually won't be correct most of the time.

Btw I'm not saying the speed limit is always too low for a road. Sometimes it's too high. This is the problem with speed limits and the strict enforcement of them.
    Safe for whom?

I would have thought given the context of the statement it'd be obvious. Safe for the driver of the car and all other road users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The missus just got done by the Gatso at M1 Airport Link road, 75km in 60 zone IIRC. Bit of a money maker in fairness.

Advertisement