Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ennis, need some advice:)

• 20-11-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Right, so, just found out I have to move to Ennis for three months as part of my placement. Would really appreciate some help.

Hopefully I will be able to find somewhere that will give me a lease for that time! Anyone suggest estates that would be good to look in, I'll be working near the hospital, and don't drive so need to be able to walk pretty much everywhere. Is Ennis walk-able? (Please excuse my ignorance, I havent been there, only ever driven through!)

And just wondering if there's much to do in the evenings there, cinema, gigs? I 'm not into trad or that, any sort of handy indie spots about?!

Will appreciate any (good) advice:) Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi Penny,

I'm sure you'll love the place :)

You should be able to get a lease on a place handily enough I would imagine, check out http://www.philiporeilly.com/ to get an idea, give them a call as well. I presume your working in the General Hospital, anywhere on the Gort Road would suit you really, if you asking you want to be no further away than Cois na hAbhna (sp.), that'll give you ~10 minute walk to and from work and most of the places are nice enough around there.

There's plenty to do around the place, if your a drinker you'll be grand :) , there's a cinema, bowling alley, loads of night courses and stuff, typical town really, you might want to check out www.glor.ie there's some good gigs on there from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks a mil clareman, really appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You could also get the Clare Champion newspaper to check the rooms and apartments to rent add section. It's out every Thursday and can be got in Easons in Dublin if thats where you live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just wondering that the names of the estates near the hospital are. I can't remember the names..I remember Pinewood, Augh...something and there was a third..might help me locate somewhere on daft. The hospital I mean is predominantly the Ennis day hospital..thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

These are some of the estates which are very close to hospital:

The Green
    Fernhill
    Ivy Hill
    Elm Park
    Gort na Ri
    Glensheen
    Pine Grove
    Glenina
    Aughanteeroe
    Oak Park
    Willow Park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Bowsie is a catalogue of estate names from back in his carpet fitting days.

Advertisement