Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formation & Tactics

Options
  • 20-11-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Just curious what you lot are playing. What works and what doesn't. Whats the best defensive formation, the best attacking and the best in dealing with teams like Utd and Chelsea. Who have you got playing in what position and why.

See how many Jose Mourinhos we got out there ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

said before a wide 4-3-2-1. Think i have target man clicked, high closing down for the wingers. fairly high for creative freedom, particularly the two more offensive midfielders, lots of forward runs from midfield, and overall playing a slow-short passing game. Loads of posession, not a massive amount of chances but usually gets the result needed. Despite a very attacking mentatily it's very good defensively as the opposition tend to be crowded out in all areas of the pitch.

will often switch to a very high tempo direct 4-4-2 in the closing stages of a game, the switch seems to unsettle the AI and i've won a few games doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Usually go for a diamond 4-4-2 but atm going with a 4-2-3-1 with two holding midfielders. I never really give too much thought to player instructions, unfortunately.

Advertisement