Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Saves Atheist and Brings Him Back From Death

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

stevejazzx wrote: »
    ...so the Atheist in question, the one saved by God has essentially had his God given free will interefered with by God? The man is not free to make up his mind about God becasue he went to heaven and God told him: "hey look here I am, I'm real! now go Back to the earth and tell everyone about me...oh and by the way even though you were an unrepenting atheist I let you into heaven and I know that when you die (for the second time, the real time) you'll get back into heaven becasue chances are, that now, having been faced with this eveidence of meeting me in heaven that you'll devote your life to christianity. Yeah I know it's a bit unfair to all those who haven't got a chance to meet me and so will remain are riddled with doubt but hey I like you Boris!

Boris converted to Christianity before his first death. :) He was not an atheist at the time of his first death :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Who needs conversion when you have morals?

Our morals don't count because we aren't in the club :(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Gareth37 wrote: »
    No Im not a saviour but Jesus made it clear that God, and only God alone, can save us.

I never considered myself to be a profit.

I am not sure what you mean by "instrument" but I am a servant.

BTW I thought you didn't beleive in God?

What do you think of the story of Boris? :eek:
    I think Boris should have been admitted last century...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I laiiike!
    Savey Time...

Who said our morals don't count? In that case I'm gonna make a better club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No Im not a saviour but Jesus made it clear that God, and only God alone, can save us.

Well if Jesus said it!!!

I don't. But I'm starting to get the impression you do, right?

I know I can't trust "bibleprobe.com". I also know that any variety of medical explanation makes more sense than an omnipotent entity interfering in our reality. Also, does it not make you wonder why God let's millions of innocent children get killed, starved and raped every year, while he decides that some cop in the Ukraine is worthy of saving?

I must actually say..i have a certain respect for the ops apparent vigour trying to convert all ye atheists..(this is my first venture onto this side of boards)..i actually find hardcore atheists about as bad as die hard evangelical christians..fact of the matter is you cant really be sure..this dude in the article says he met santa/god or whatever while dead then fair enough..chances are god aint a dude with white hair up in the clouds..Modern physics and the eastern philosophies are coming to the same conclusions now..the buddha/tao/brahmen is the way..and shur wasnt jesus a buddhist?

Who said our morals don't count? In that case I'm gonna make a better club!

But no matter how many people join your club,have fun and do great things in your club,it doesn't count,because it isn't their club :(

Who needs conversion when you have morals?

I thought the same for a long time living my life without considering God or the Bible. I made my own rules because they suited. Basically I said Im not hurting anyone really so Im a good person.

But we have to create a society of love and God has given us some simple guidelines like not to work on Sunday but to pray to him on Sunday, we can work long and hard the other 6 days. He also tells us not to act like drunks because it leads to a lack of love, a forgetfulness of God's values and other debauchery. We should also respect women and their bodies. Every man that wants a family should only have 1 wife and that should be not some other man's wife and it should be built on love only. Theres a lot of simple things . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Boris converted to Christianity before his first death. :) He was not an atheist at the time of his first death :)

Oh I hadn't realised..it appears I am not taking the time to fully read and respect your posts. This obviously changes everything... now how many litres of crazy juice did you drink again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yawn. Sounds like an interesting film but thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look it I will use everything I have to attack atheism.

You think I want to do this for my benefit? No everyone should have a chance of faith. I know that this world makes it difficult with the forces of evil against good so strong but I hope that some on here will find something within themselves that asks questions of their souls.

What you again, didn't you already get warned in spirituality about trying to convert people ?

You have read the charter of this forum ?
    2. Respect those who do not share your beliefs (or lack thereof).

Prove that Jesus existed more then Ra.

Which God are you talking about exactly ?

Save me from what exactly ?

I never considered myself to be a profit prophet.

FYP

Some of the posters here are agnostic and some of us are not either athiest or agnostic, so which God for I believe there are many.

Slocky tbh.

Augustine of Hippo's story is a lot more intresting.

Well I don't care for that club then... my club is better... it has cats...

I thought the same for a long time living my life without considering God or the Bible. I made my own rules because they suited. Basically I said Im not hurting anyone really so Im a good person.

But we have to create a society of love and God has given us some simple guidelines like not to work on Sunday but to pray to him on Sunday, we can work long and hard the other 6 days. He also tells us not to act like drunks because it leads to a lack of love, a forgetfulness of God's values and other debauchery. We should also respect women and their bodies. Every man that wants a family should only have 1 wife and that should be not some other man's wife and it should be built on love only. Theres a lot of simple things . :)

And how do you justify your pro-abortion stance?

Taking inspiration from pH...

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Boris converted to Christianity before his first death. :)He was not an atheist at the time of his first death :)

So then, the title of the thread should be 'God Saves Christian And Brings Him Back From Death'.;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Some Christians say that the Bible is the only book anyone really needs to read. I think others could be useful though. Fowler's Modern English Usage, for example.

Well I don't care for that club then... my club is better... it has cats...

Oh i'm so there.
    Can i be vice president?no,wait,junior vice president?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Gordon wrote: »
    It sure is fun watching you try to convert people :)

It gets a bit tedious at times though.

These threads are awesome. A perfect parallel is throwing meat to hyenas.

Zillah wrote: »
    And how do you justify your pro-abortion stance?

Taking inspiration from pH...

yeah and what's your beef with homosexuality gareth? eh?

• Advertisement

I call the One God for I am a Christian. No offense to the other religeons, Im sure its the same Man that guides us. :)

A lot of that i agree with... just not that it was god that did this, or god that gave us that...

I call the One God for I am a Christian. No offense to the other religeons, Im sure its the same Man that guides us. :)

What about the wimminz?

Nerin wrote: »
    Oh i'm so there.
    Can i be vice president?no,wait,junior vice president?
    You my friend can be PA to the Junior VP... Mr.Puss!

What about the wimminz?

They must quote 'submit themsleves onto their husbands'...so good news all round.

Including the one's that required human sacrifice?

What about the wimminz?
    Well it's fair to say that wimminz normally rule men... no matter what their creed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Its only the Holy Spirit directing me. I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me to something that would convert people on here. I googled something about miracles and the first I clicked on in a list was about a former atheist. :)

This will work, in the power of God it will work

How do you know you're not an agent of Satan? :eek:

Well it's fair to say that wimminz normally rule men... no matter what their creed...

... Handmaidens of the dark lord,bringer of hellfire,master of naughty things.

• Advertisement

How do you know you're not an agent of Satan? :eek:

he didn't make the cut...his arguments were poor.

Advertisement