Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Saves Atheist and Brings Him Back From Death

Options

Comments

stevejazzx wrote: »
    he didn't make the cut...his arguments were poor.

burn..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

How do you know you're not an agent of Satan? :eek:

Because we beat him to it at the character select screen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Gareth37 wrote: »
    I thought the same for a long time living my life without considering God or the Bible. I made my own rules because they suited.
    Do you feel you've stopped doing that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wouldn't being an agent of Satan be so much exotic and exciting than the real answer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good. Nobody insulting each other yet. I'm going back to my book. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Zillah wrote: »
    Wouldn't being an agent of Satan be so much exotic and exciting than the real answer?

I know it looks attractive but there's a poor health plan and no dental!

Agent of Satan-current activity: drinking shots out of the belly buttons of hot chicks,at a metal concert,tempting all around him into naughty fun things.

Agent of God-current activity: failing to convert atheists on an internet forum.

I can't tell which is more fun,you decide.

Dades wrote: »
    Good. Nobody insulting each other yet. I'm going back to my book. :)

Best.Mod.Ever. Give Hungus some lessons will ya!

Yes but we're on commission so I'd be rolling in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No everyone should have a chance of faith.

You clearly don't have faith enough that others will make the right choices.

I know that this world makes it difficult with the forces of evil against good

The world isn't black/white. Just varying shades of gray.
    t would bring great joy to see even one atheist turn to God

Which god? and how do you know it is the right one?

• Advertisement

Yes but we're on commission so I'd be rolling in it.

What do ya need cash for when you're an agent of Satan? You just take what you need. jeez rookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Sorry Gareth, even Jesus himself specifically pointed out that people will not return to life after dying. Remember the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16?

The Rich Man and Lazarus died, Lazarus went to Heaven and the rich man was sent to Hell, whilst in Hell he begged Abraham to send Lazarus to his five brothers to warn them to repent because they would believe if they saw a man return from the dead but Abraham responded: 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

This was Jesus himself denying the possibility of the events you have just described. Your God does not raise people from the dead so that they can convert the unbelievers and testify to his existence. Whatever happened to that Ukranian bloke was not through the actions of Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Charco wrote: »
    Sorry Gareth, even Jesus himself specifically pointed out that people will not return to life after dying. Remember the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16?

The Rich Man and Lazarus died, Lazarus went to Heaven and the rich man was sent to Hell, whilst in Hell he begged Abraham to send Lazarus to his five brothers to warn them to repent because they would believe if they saw a man return from the dead but Abraham responded: 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

This was Jesus himself denying the possibility of the events you have just described. Your God does not raise people from the dead so that they can convert the unbelievers and testify to his existence. Whatever happened to that Ukranian bloke was not through the actions of Jesus.

True but miracles do happen.

Miracles do not happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Gareth, are you omnipresent or something?

Miracles do not happen.

Proof? :D

I read it in a book. But before you start doubting the accuracy of the book, please note that it was not written by the finest minds of our generation, nor is it a product of rigorous peer review.

It's thousands of years old and was written by goat herders.

*folds arms and sits back confidently*

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

I read it in a book. But before you start doubting the accuracy of the book, please note that it was not written by the finest minds of our generation, nor is it a product of rigorous peer review.

It's thousands of years old and was written by goat herders.

Harry potter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

True but miracles do happen.

Ok, so let me get this straight

First of all you claim that god "saved" an atheist by brining him back to life.

Then it turns out he wasn't an atheist he was a Christian.

Then it turns out that he was a devout Christian with little medical knowledge in a country not renowned for its high standards of medical care.

Then it turns out that the event describe actually goes against the teachings of the very religion he was a member of and that you are trying to convert us all to?

:confused:

What part of all this is supposed to draw us closer to God? It seems just another example to go in the "Religion is nonsense" folder.

Er, I meant to bring that up at the last meeting Wicknight. The "folder" has had to be, er, extended. It's more a warehouse now and we need funding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Harry potter?

:D:D ha ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Good point, I'll start a donation going. If Wikipedia can get 6 million ... :pac:

It is possible that Gareth is a tool of Satan though, I've never been more convinced that religion is bat sh*t crazy after this thread and his evolution thread.

leading us down the wrong path and all that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

*Passes Zillah the popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Another brilliant thread! Gareth37, I want to give you a gold star. Really. You deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Gareth you are becomming an annoying troll. Show some respect for people and actually respond to their questions and comments. I hope some day you grow up and realise how pathetic this sort of behaviour is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Surely god would be more impressed if you actually left the house to convert people....... Head over to Saudi Arabia, those lads are in need of some serious Christianisation!

Either way, please stop posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If we were to assume for one moment that God and Satan do exist, and are trying to tempt people, then it makes sense that God would make his path easy and fun. If I was God, that's what I'd do.

Therefore, logically Satan is pulling the double-bluff and leading people to believe that if they have to work hard at believing and make tonnes of sacrifices, they are doing the right thing, when in fact all they are doing is ignoring the fun and joyful path that God has set out for us.

Ergo, all religion is the work of Satan.

Therefore, God supports Atheism.

Q.E.D.

Dave! wrote: »
    Surely god would be more impressed if you actually left the house to convert people....... Head over to Saudi Arabia, those lads are in need of some serious Christianisation!

Either way, please stop posting here

Yup,or at least try convert people that already believe in something,paganism forum :p

Also,i'm extremely impressed by seamus post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nerin wrote: »
    Yup,or at least try convert people that already believe in something,paganism forum :p

Quit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I just paypalled Dades €50. He says we can post as much personal abuse as we like for the next fifteen minutes while he finishes his book. ;)

Advertisement