Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec question

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Sorry people for asking ( i have searched on here already ).

Thinking of getting a DELL Studio with a RADEON HD 3450 Video card. The recommeneded spec says Football Manager 2009 needs ATI Radeon 9800 or greater.

Has anyway got the game working ok with the 3450, or am i better off upgrading to a XPS?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

do you have any more specific hardware specs for us?? xps, like all computers, tend to vary from model to model. and are you basing this PC purely on FM requirements??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Cheers for the reply. Its a Dell Studio 15 that i was thinking of getting.

I`ll probably opt for this no matter what ( will prob up to 4 GB Ram ) however if FM09 did not work on it i might treat myself to a XPS.

Actually decent deal on the Studio today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the 3450 is supposed to be pretty awful for games, it's a low end card and to make matters worse it's been optimized for HDTV or some ****, i would say you'd be better off getting an XPS if FM09 means that much to you. the 3D engine is pretty GPU intensive (despite still looking like muck, it doesn't appear to have been optimised at all).

edit: seen mention on the SI forums that the 3450 works fine. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2086256.

P.S. In case you don't know, no point upping to 4GB of Ram unless you get Vista64bit. Vista32 can't see more than 3.15GB or something like that, and it's the 32 that Dell bundle (unless you specify? not sure on that one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Cheers for the reply. Its a Dell Studio 15 that i was thinking of getting.

I`ll probably opt for this no matter what ( will prob up to 4 GB Ram ) however if FM09 did not work on it i might treat myself to a XPS.

Actually decent deal on the Studio today

i'd need more details than RAM buddy. what's the CPU, GFX Card?? I wouldn't buy an XPS for FM2009. It's not a very resource hungry game as games go and buying an XPS purely for it would be wasted dosh. and as leninbenjamin notes, make sure you get a 64bit OS if you're going for 4GB of RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

i'd need more details than RAM buddy. what's the CPU, GFX Card?? I wouldn't buy an XPS for FM2009. It's not a very resource hungry game as games go and buying an XPS purely for it would be wasted dosh. and as leninbenjamin notes, make sure you get a 64bit OS if you're going for 4GB of RAM.

Cheers again for the help. The Spec today comes with 3GB as standard, so thats what i`ll go for..

RAM:- 3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]

• Advertisement
Advertisement