Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV Downloadable Content

• 20-11-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

See Here The Lost And Damned

Sounds like it could be interesting! No more Niko also!
    After a delay or two and nothing but silence from Rockstar, we finally have specific information regarding the release of the Xbox 360 exclusive (and highly anticipated) Grand Theft Auto IV episodic DLC.

According to USA Today, the GTAIV "Lost and Damned" episodic DLC will release on February 17th, 2009 and feature main character Johnny Klebitz who's a member of the Liberty City biker gang "The Lost". Rockstar VP Dan Houser describes Johnny as "a very different character than Niko, with a very different background" and promises that "the story will show you a different side of Liberty City." No other story information was revealed and pricing is still up in the air. Just be happy we have a release date.

Taken from Joystiq

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just seen these details this morning....Looks very interesting.

I wonder how much they will be charging for this. Seems like a whole new story so i reckon it could be pricey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Looks interesting. I thought they would have just added more missions for Niko, or a new island or something. Sounds a little like the "... Stories" games they had for the PS2/PSP - same city, different character.

I hope it won't be too expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Found this, nothing definite tho!
    Rudden hopes the episode costs $15 or less, but Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter expects a $20 price and says Rockstar could sell 2 million to 3 million downloads. "I see episodic content as a natural progression of the quality of downloadable content."

Via USA Today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wonder will they include this with the PC version. It's only right, we're already paying much less for our games than console users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Looks interesting. I thought they would have just added more missions for Niko, or a new island or something. Sounds a little like the "... Stories" games they had for the PS2/PSP - same city, different character.

It its like stories I'll be avoiding it. That was okay but not great.

GTA4 was okay but not great so a stories version of it would probably suck donkey balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

its not coming for PS3 no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Taken from Kotaku :

Character looks to be a member of a biker gang, could be interesting?

http://kotaku.com/5094332/first-screens-of-gtaivs-lost--damned-dlc

New York, NY – November 20, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the eagerly anticipated first episode of downloadable content, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, will be coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system via Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE worldwide on February 17, 2009, The Lost and Damned will feature all new content and is the first of two episodes announced for Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox 360.

“Making these episodes has enabled us to expand the narrative and the experience of interacting with a game world in really innovative ways,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We hope fans of the game enjoy the new way of experiencing life in Liberty City contained in this first episode.”

Since its launch in April, Grand Theft Auto IV has garnered unprecedented praise and acclaim worldwide. Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned requires players to have the full version of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download. Further details, including pricing, will be announced soon. For more information, please visit www.rockstargames.com/IV.

its not coming for PS3 no??
    Nope. Microsoft paid $50million prior to the launch for DLC exclusivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Cucking Funts :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I doubt it'll be as long as the Stories games. I can't really remember but I think there was about 60 story missions in GTA 4. I'd say there'll be around 20 in this dlc. I read somewhere that they're also including new weapons and vehicles.

I hope the second DLC is a big one, with a new area or two to go into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Wasn't Johnny Klebitz one of the bikers you
    killed in the "No Way on the Subway" mission????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DarkJager wrote: »
    Wasn't Johnny Klebitz one of the bikers you
    killed in the "No Way on the Subway" mission????

Not quite.
    Many were shot, but doesn't mean they were shot stone dead

I'll be in for this for completist reasons. 20 dollars is like 12 euro or something which is peanuts for the amount of fun gotten out of it.

Damn, it's times like this i'm delighted to be a 360 owner. :D

brim4brim wrote: »
    It its like stories I'll be avoiding it. That was okay but not great.

GTA4 was okay but not great so a stories version of it would probably suck donkey balls.

I believe the reason they are doing it is because they are weary of giving Niko more missions as some people may not have completed the game (i can't remember where i read that, but i remember reading it a while ago).

If it has an extra bit of land (not gonna happen) or a chunk of extra vehicles (better happen) I'll consider it.

It'll probably get released for the PC (for free) in mid/late 09 i'd say.

I believe the reason they are doing it is because they are weary of giving Niko more missions as some people may not have completed the game (i can't remember where i read that, but i remember reading it a while ago).

I find that one somewhat hard to believe, primarily because it wasn't that difficult a game to complete. The final mission i felt was a piece of piss. It was long, but it was far from difficult. I still say GTA III and Vice City had the two hardest endings
    It'll probably get released for the PC (for free) in mid/late 09 i'd say.

I wouldn't bank on this at all, if the content is 360 exclusive, that means Rockstar have broken their contract. Be it on a console or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I Don't understand why Microsoft would spend such an amount of money for it, they're never gonna get it back from the DLC. And the DLC is certainly isn't going to sell consoles alone.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on this at all, if the content is 360 exclusive, that means Rockstar have broken their contract. Be it on a console or otherwise.
    But Microsoft are the ones that foot the bill. The contract may extend to Microsoft based platforms, rather than just the 360.
    Nailz wrote: »
    I Don't understand why Microsoft would spend such an amount of money for it, they're never gonna get it back from the DLC. And the DLC is certainly isn't going to sell consoles alone.
    Other than the actual DLC, the exclusivity and the PR surrounding it would have a certain monetary value.

But Microsoft are the ones that foot the bill. The contract may extend to Microsoft based platforms, rather than just the 360.

True enough, however i believe the contract was 2 episode packs exclusively for the 360, not for Microsoft Platforms. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Aside m$ makes money on every game sold on 360, and all game related DLC. On pc they only make money on Games for Windows LIVE. That $50million was spent for 360, where they can make a good chunk of it back as distributors through LIVE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=320460

$20
    £13
    €15

DLC available in shops and via XBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nailz wrote: »

I bought a 360 for GTA4 and the DLC swung the deal for me.

€49,999,701 to go :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ah balls , i knew i should have held out longer for the DLC, i only traded GTA4 for fallout 3 last week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

First vid from the VGA is in, looks pretty cool!

Linky

Also
    They all appear in the GTAIV Police computer. Jason is listed as deceased so this mite be set before Niko hits LC

Didn't take em long to remove that from youtube.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Didn't take em long to remove that from youtube.... :(

If its any consolidation it was totally awesome.

Actually looks better than the original game TBH.

My initial thought (which I think will be more confirmed by this content) is that the initial release was a safe bet and they are going to go push the boundaries a little again with the DLC because there all eyes aren't on them from the media like when they launched the main game.

Advertisement