Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Navan Down?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Got home late this evening after being away for 2 days and tue n on my xbox for the NXE but no internet.

Check the Digiweb Metro Cable Modem and the only light flashing is the internet one meaning that it has no signal.

Powered the modem up and down a few times but no joy, the lan settings page on the modem just says its not synchronized and you cna't really get much more information then that.

This happen to anyone else? called support but they closed at 8 so missed them. I love the way when you call the support line you get a recorded message saying in a stern tone "There are no support issues":eek:

I suppose that means its all in my imagination.

Update:21st Nov

Called support first thing this morning all they can do is power cycle the modem and have me check the leads I have to wait a few days now for an engineer to call me to schedule a service call.

Not impressed I only had metro installed on the 5th of November and had great internet for just over 2 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Got my Digiweb sorted today I wasn't at home when the engineer called but I belive it was a faulty power supply for the transmitter/receiver causing the problem with my connection.

However now that my connection is back up it seems very erratic the modem stats page is not saying the connection speed but it seems to be varying between 1mb and 5mb down and 56k up. Whereas previously it was a rock solid 8mb/1mb

361560050.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

What are your power figures (2 of em) and Signal to Noise Ratio figure? Do they vary alot if you refresh the page every few seconds?

(I'd such a time trying to rubbish Digiweb's claim of "contention" for my problem that I had to write a script to query those values and graph them over time!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Mine went down last Sunday for a few hours, I don't know why. I'm so grateful for the good news of getting to pay more for this service :rolleyes:

First time it has been down and it better not become a frequent occurance or I'll just get NTL in.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'll check out the figures later one when I am at home, but I found it strange that the sync speed boxes where empty whereas before they had the correct speeds listed and I believe the signal to noise figure was in the range of 39db.

Just checked the figures now and the Signal to noise ratio is 39bd downstream power is 11dBmV upstream is 27dBmV Frequency boxes are still blank.

362196698.png

Advertisement