Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys 16th Birthday..Help?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

My son is 16 on New Years Day, I'd like to do something special for him and his friends without bowing to that Super sweet 16 rubbish. He's had a rough year, and needs something with a bit of Kudos for his mates...Can anyone give me any ideas??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Are you the mother/father ? It may seem like a silly question but it will make a difference to my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

All suggestions welcome, for Mum and Dad to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

Is he into gaming?

If so a Gamestop gift card would work. Don't have to guess the game that way. Loads of stores around the country or on www.giftcardshop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

How about a day out for him and his mates doing something like paintballing/go karting?

You probably wouldn't be able to do it New Years day, but you could arrange it for a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I was about to suggest Go Karting. Organise a Grand Prix day for him and a few friends.

I've been here and loved it http://www.kiltorcan.com/ AND I'M 25 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 batchloaf

Bring them all out Paintballing or karting. They are a great adrenalen rush, anytime I've ever went noone has gone home not having had a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Might be a bit sweet 16 ish but you could add a Limo into the go karting / paintballing mix :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The fact that its landing on New years day is a rather awkward factor for you.

I would echo all the calls for paintball/karting. Both excellent activities and a great laugh.

I believe 16 is the minimum threshold age for the activity/adventure packages that some places sell (Flying lessons/Rally Driving lessons etc.) if he would be interested in anything like that ?

Trip over to Europe for a gig maybe (not on his own obviously) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Thanks a mill guys for the ideas.....We thought of the paintballing but he's the 1st of his buddys to be 16 so that rules that out (participants have to be min 16 years), I think go-karting or possibly ice-skating might be the way to go...actually love the limo idea....nice one!:)

Advertisement