Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

white album show

• 21-11-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

One of my non favorite radio stations just pulled off a unique feat..I have just done something I've never done before (I think)..listened to a radio show for a period of 3.5 hours.
    It was of course the Beatles White Album show on Today FM.

Here is one listener who would like to say thanks lads. Well done.

The build up part of the show was a clever hook. I thought the choice of 'support artists' was spot on. I'll assume the Doors and Pink Floyd choice was based on proximity to 1968. Both these bands had produced much better and more influential music in earlier years.

It was quite a bold idea to have an exclusively prerecorded 'sound bite' continuity between songs. Some made sense to me, others went over my head. I can't blame anyone for that..

I won't bore ya'll with the full extent of my thoughts on this show,
    enough to say I totally enjoyed it and will hope for more..

mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I wish i had known this was on...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

If it is any consolation t'was only by chance I heard it meself. There were a few variations from the original. They played the demo versions of at least two tracks "While my guitar gently weeps" by George and one (whose name escapes me) by Paul. I'd agree with the second choice but George's song sounds a bit pointless without all that (Eric Clapton?) wailing guitar that it first came out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

i came accross this by accident too. i heard "Hey Jude", then Cream, and the stones, and i was shocked that today fm was playin decent music.
    I didnt get to listen to the full show, sounded good though

Advertisement