Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEGO Academy or Education Resources request

• 21-11-2008 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Checked the web site on lego.com and it looks that has a lots of educational resources,but none available/advertised in Ireland.

Any of you know any centers available for educational purposes here,in Dublin and/or Ireland ?
    Looking for something that can kick off a 12y boy to a robotics career .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The only lego use in education that I have found are the engineering schools in various colleges, but nothing for a younger age.

Does he have the lego mindstorms set? If not I would recommend Santa Claus bringing it to him, as it is a great place to start. Once he has built the various models included, add the intelligent brick to any technic models he already has. After that the world is his oyster.

I just bought a technic excavater today ( to cheer my self up - dont ask), and I want to use the tracks to create a skid-steering all terrain robot that will pick up large objects(Think a working lego Wall-E).

After a few years of lego MindStorms NXT, I would introduce him to computer programming and electronics/electrics, and see where it takes him.

Advertisement