Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual errors

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd bring these up,

A couple of times today when I've opened some threads I get the message "Sorry ghostintheruins you do not have access to this thread". The threads were in after hours and just now in the atheist/agnostic forum. I can get into the threads if I go back and open them again.

Also, and this is quite strange, I was browsing AH today and went to open my user profile and under my current activity it said I was viewing an attachment in the peado bear thread in lolocaust, I've never been in that thread and haven't been in lolocaust in a few days. :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also, and this is quite strange, I was browsing AH today and went to open my user profile and under my current activity it said I was viewing an attachment in the peado bear thread in lolocaust, I've never been in that thread and haven't been in lolocaust in a few days. :confused:

I've had that as well. I assume someone uploaded that picture to the thread, then someone else used it in their sig. That means that when you at a thread where that person posted you are technically viewing the picture in that thread (the attachment will be associated with the post it was attached to). Only way I can figure it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've had that as well. I assume someone uploaded that picture to the thread, then someone else used it in their sig. That means that when you at a thread where that person posted you are technically viewing the picture in that thread (the attachment will be associated with the post it was attached to). Only way I can figure it happens.

Yeah, that sounds like it could be the cause, maybe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement