Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best free anti-virus for vista

• 21-11-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

what's the best free anti virus for vista?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have a look over here

there are loads of free for home user antivirus products
    but other malware is probably a bigger threat than viruses so you may need other software too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

AVG 8 free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Avast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Avast

+10

Uninstalled AVG & put on Avast & it found loads of little things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is avast the one that likes to wake me up in the middle of the night screaming "VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED" ?

...other than that its grand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overheal wrote: »
    Is avast the one that likes to wake me up in the middle of the night screaming "VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED" ?

...other than that its grand.
    Avast does talk afaik,

Avira AntiVir Free really...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Avast is known to scare small children and pets.

As with all software there are options to be silent and just update in the background, no more talking.

+1 Avast.

I still find it wierd that I can play Crysis and other such games with Avast running. I never shut it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Overheal wrote: »
    Ha, it's quite easy to turn that off. Freaked me out when I first heard it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

avg free 8, spybot search & destroy and ad-aware.....3 of these together and never had any problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement