Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stealing a sandwich

• 21-11-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

For a while in 2006 i think they put a somewhat annoying guy at the entrance of canteen who wouldn't let you walk out the same way so you had to walk past the check out. back in the day i used to talk to someone from the SU who said it was to stop people from robbing food.

is there anyone doing that job now during the busy times?

for a while they were charging 20c for the little pouches of ketchup / mayo in that other place. i used to toss them into my bag and pay for the actual food but i dunno if that still goes on. I heard of people buying hot water and bringing their own teabags and with the recession we will only see more of this sort of stuff going on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm planning on bringing in my own real coffee next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

towel401 wrote: »
    For a while in 2006 i think they put a somewhat annoying guy at the entrance of canteen who wouldn't let you walk out the same way so you had to walk past the check out. back in the day i used to talk to someone from the SU who said it was to stop people from robbing food.

is there anyone doing that job now during the busy times?

ya the one in charge of the place does it a lot of the days. fact is there are a lot of scuts in CIT, thus this kind of thing is unfortunately necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ya the one in charge always stands at the entrance to stop dodgy people robbing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MoonGoDown

fact is there are a lot of scuts in CIT, thus this kind of thing is unfortunately necessary.
    Quoted for truth.

The general immaturity among, dare I say, a majority of CIT students baffles me sometimes.

I've seen people robbing from there a few times. Anyone know what the consequences of getting caught are?

MoonGoDown wrote: »
    Anyone know what the consequences of getting caught are?

i have my doubts if anything at all would be done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 newkid

towel401 wrote: »
    I heard of people buying hot water and bringing their own teabags and with the recession we will only see more of this sort of stuff going on

Ya i know a few people that do this. Also know a few people who bring in there own breakfast and just buy milk inside:eek:

newkid wrote: »
    Ya i know a few people that do this. Also know a few people who bring in there own breakfast and just buy milk inside:eek:

lol. before i read the "buy milk" part i pictured people walking in with packets of sausages in their pockets...

Advertisement