Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi guys i'm lookin for somewhere quiet...

• 21-11-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

I've been lookin around since coming here and it's not the easiest place to find in maynooth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The quiet room in the Arts Block?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

South Campus is usually quite. The library, or maybe one of the sports grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sounds morbid but the graveyard behind the old campus (beside the pitches) is a very peaceful spot. Looks pretty cool too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

The Second floor library is very quiet and good for studying.
    LoLth wrote: »
    sounds morbid but the graveyard behind the old campus (beside the pitches) is a very peaceful spot. Looks pretty cool too :)

That is a good place, particularly with the Trees along that path.

Also, the pitches around there are quiet most of the time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Canal can be lovely at times too. Good luck with the search i know what you mean and it can be tricky, find quiet people to move in with if you can...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just my two bits but anyway....

If you are looking for study space, especially the library, and if anyone is talking/texting/doing the usual little as possible, tell them to shut up. Seriously.

If you are looking for houses, good luck. I dont know what has changed around here in the last five years but this year has been the worst.

There are few reasonably priced estates around that wont have your typical group of spoiled Fintans and Saoirses within earshot at least twice a week.

Not an answer I suppose, but if you looking for quiet, demand it. You are entitled to peaceful study space, and a good nights sleep. Unfortunately its not so much a common courtesy anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I'm not talking about study, house or anything like that.

If quiet exists in a student house then there's a problem!!!

I just need silence every so often, to relax just get away from the noise.
    I'm sure some people know what i mean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's everywhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

There's a nice little spot with a bench behind the back right corner of Logic,
    it faces a small garden, should be quiet enough this time of year.
    Or you could head to the priesty garden in the middle of the St Patricks complex. Very nice, even has a pond and mini water features!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 anita.cathider

I live in Dublin and love to go out to the campus at 2am in the morning.

I'm on campus at Trinity - in front square - and it is very quiet most nights from 2am - 5pm

I like to sit out on the cobblestones and read under the lights.

I wrap up warm and bring a flask of coffee. I love it.

Do it about 4-5 times a month.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Quiet is an adjective so you unless you are looking for quiet ellipsis then you'll need to add some more info for us to make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Quiet is an adjective so you unless you are looking for quiet ellipsis then you'll need to add some more info for us to make sense.

Someone's not getting any quiet time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roboman

there is a place not far from the college called donedea forest park, plenty of other guys go there for a quiet walk, wink wink, nudge nudge, if you know what i mean,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I hear the canteen is a nice, peaceful place... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

The College Chapel on the South Campus is a great spot (unless someone is practicing the organ! :))

You can just go in & catch your thoughts and that - know to some people they wouldn't feel comfortable in places like that as they'd feel it's overly religious - but no one will bother you or ask you why you're there & you can get what you need outta the space, if you know what I mean.

Find it's a good place to be alone at times.

Advertisement