Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We won a Golden Spider.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Can somebody organise a whip-around for a trophy cabinet? We're going to need one if this keeps up.

Well done to all concerned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Myth wrote: »
    More this methinks:

War-of-the-worlds-tripod.jpg
    That's exactly what it reminds me of! War of the Worlds - I think you should shake it a bit and make sure the tiny alien inhabitants inside are really dead.

Well Done Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Congrats to boards another one for the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Thrilled for you guys!!
    Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Why is everyone suddenly standing in a circle around that biscuit?

oh........

Seriously, well done*

(*hint : get a bigger biscuit next year)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

congrats! :D

well deserved! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I voted for boards thinkin it wouldnt make a difference guess i stand corrected! Congrats :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The "Queen of the Spider People" thing was on the end of us jokingly coming up with "alternate uses" for it, or things it looks like. War of the worlds, face huggers from aliens (for the previous ones), monster-brass knuckles or Blakes 7 laser gun amongst others... We had been drinking a lot :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

We won a dj spider?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

snyper wrote: »
    We won a dj spider?
    banned!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

We won a dj spider?

It's been done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

javaboy wrote: »
    It's been done. :D

I will accept my epic fail lolcat now thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I will accept my epic fail lolcat now thanks.
    cc1d009e666ba703d882526e45d0c669.jpg

Hagar wrote: »
    Can somebody organise a whip-around for a trophy cabinet? We're going to need one if this keeps up.

Yeah DeV's mantlepiece will be packed especially now that he's won Post of the Day too.

/not bitter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

DeVore wrote: »
    Apparently someone from the GS said to Gerry/Ross (cant recall which) that we had garnered a huge number of votes.

Des Bishop was cracking wise that we didnt need 5 of us to run it as it was all built on open source software (not sure why that would mean less people but the guy is paid to be funny not to be a techie, and to be fair he was pretty funny live). I got the feeling he was quite familiar with Boards!

DeV.
    Congrats Best Site anywhere. Well deserved. Could'nt survive without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

Cloud wrote: »

:rolleyes: Goodlooking bunch of guys and gal. cheers

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

javaboy wrote: »
    Yeah DeV's mantlepiece will be packed especially now that he's won Post of the Day too.

/not bitter :(
    I have??

Oh.... you love me, you really love me, I'd just like to thank the...

DeV.

I have??

Oh.... you love me, you really love me, I'd just like to thank the...

DeV.

Yeah you won. Surprise surprise the guy who owns the site wins POTD.

*ahem* fix *ahem* :D

Half of the people who thanked you only registered yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Fair play. Did you win on merit or because you bought a table at the awards ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Fair play. Did you win on merit or because you bought a table at the awards ceremony?

Stop being a retard. Thats an order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In the pictures posted by Cloud, I don't know who the two dudes beside the girl are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'd just like to thank the...

DeV.

You'd like to thank yourself? Jesus, talk about conceited...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Des wrote: »
    In the pictures posted by Cloud, I don't know who the two dudes beside the girl are.

The guy standing beside the girl is ecksor, I presume the other dude is handing over the award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

6th wrote: »
    The guy standing beside the girl is ecksor, I presume the other dude is handing over the award.

Ah cool.

Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done guys!!

It was great to be able to give boards something in return for all that boards has given me! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I heard on the RTE news tonight it was actually my vote that pushed ye over the line for the win. I'm so proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 selfdestruction

Nice one guys.

What happens when the posters ask for a cut of the income? They are the heart and soul of the site, as you have stated. Community. The site is the users, not the Admins or software? Even Des Bishop could see that?!?

You could be lying on a beach somewhere relaxing on the income, or better still we all could :)

How can we all share the wealth of our site? We would love to know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

How can we all share the wealth of our site? We would love to know?
    I guess we all get to inhale the sweet, sweet smell of success..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 selfdestruction

SteveC wrote: »
    I guess we all get to inhale the sweet, sweet smell of success..:D

Show that to me in Euros and I am there :)

• Advertisement

Show that to me in Euros and I am there :)
    I can't, the company gold is all stored in the sekrit subscriber forum....;)

/goes to fondle it again...

Advertisement