Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi + Ink Books (okay just the two!)

• 21-11-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hey just thought I'd let the lads and ladies of the BM forum know that Zavvi have a couple of Tattoo books for sale.

Picked up this one for 8 bob!

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/popculture/all/01876/facts.1000_tattoos.htm

There was another for 19 (hence picking up the cheaper one!) which wasn't that good to be honest. Didn't get the title (my apologies) but it looked like it was just full of flash.

(I'll stand/sit/crawl corrected at that last book!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If anyone's in Cork it's worth checking out Vibes and Scribes for these too. I got that 1000 tattoos book there for a ridiculously cheap price a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Gauge wrote: »
    If anyone's in Cork it's worth checking out Vibes and Scribes for these too. I got that 1000 tattoos book there for a ridiculously cheap price a few years back.

Love V&S pity they got rid of the DVD/Games section. It had a certain "garage sale" feel about it!

Which reminds me to ask, anyone know of any other decent places to get literature on tattoos? Not flash, just the history of etc. Cheers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

chin_grin wrote: »

Which reminds me to ask, anyone know of any other decent places to get literature on tattoos? Not flash, just the history of etc. Cheers.

Amazon usually have a decent enough selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

chapters in town had a decent enough selection last time i was in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Waterstones have a good few books also. I'd expect Hodges Figgis should too, though I've not looked. There are a lot of copies of that Taschen book floating about, not as cheap in Waterstones as Zavvi though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

tower records have 2 or three different ones too, they have that 1000 tattoo's one but i didnt catch the price :(

Advertisement