Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 yo girl with difficulty sleeping?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have any solution how can we help our daughter to sleep? She has difficulty getting to sleep initially and recently she has been waking up around 1am and more difficulty getting back to sleep again. It is playing on her mind now and is making it worse. She says she has no problems at school, etc., that might be bothering her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What are the conditions of her room like ?
    Could the drop in temp at nigth be making a difference ?
    This time of year I always put an extra throw on my kids beds and it makes a big difference and I always check they are covered before I turn in for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭finbarrk

No it's not the room temp. It's a mental thing that she seems to have regarding getting to sleep and it seems to be getting worse as she gets older.

Advertisement