Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting help!!!

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm a first year in ul and im struggling majorly with my accounting module ac4001, i was wondering if anyone would be interested in aking a few bob by giving me a grind or two next week, i know i've left it late but better late than never!!!! If anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested could they PM me please!!!

thanks very much in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

1st year business and german, im almost finished it but im doing it on excel, no expert but I could get ya started.

Can only help ya if your doing it in excel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What parts of the module are you having issues with, I can't help you with the excel project. That was a major headache for me and didn't come in at all helpful on co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

nuts86 wrote: »
    I'm a first year in ul and im struggling majorly with my accounting module ac4001, i was wondering if anyone would be interested in aking a few bob by giving me a grind or two next week, i know i've left it late but better late than never!!!! If anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested could they PM me please!!!

thanks very much in advance

I wouldn't think its too late to do well at all. Check the past exam papers on public folders. There seems to be very little deviation between years. I know when I did AC4001, the exam was almost identical to the previous year. There's a good book in the library 'Accounting for non-accounting students'. I came across it the other day. Ironically titled book for a Accounting & Finance Major :cool:

ImDave wrote: »
    I wouldn't think its too late to do well at all. Check the past exam papers on public folders. There seems to be very little deviation between years. I know when I did AC4001, the exam was almost identical to the previous year. There's a good book in the library 'Accounting for non-accounting students'. I came across it the other day. Ironically titled book for a Accounting & Finance Major :cool:
    Ya John Hennegan said that alright, the exam papers are really handy

wish they'd put some up for management principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Heya Nuts, Im a first year business aswell, don't worry, you are not alone, Im currently going absolutely mental while trying to get the Case Study finished on Excel.

Seriously I am going to BURN the remains of it when Im done!:D
    The best way to make some sense of it is to remember your Dr.s and Cr.s, and where everything goes in the Final Accounts.

Acc. is probably the hardest module, for most people anyway, (especially me, and I did it for 2 years, so I've no excuse!!)

The best thing to do is not to panic.

Remember, you'll be rid of it in 3 weeks time!!!

And budgets are much easier, so next semester should be ok.

Best of luck in the exam!!!
    xxx

• Advertisement

Heya Nuts, Im a first year business aswell, don't worry, you are not alone, Im currently going absolutely mental while trying to get the Case Study finished on Excel.

Seriously I am going to BURN the remains of it when Im done!:D
    The best way to make some sense of it is to remember your Dr.s and Cr.s, and where everything goes in the Final Accounts.

Acc. is probably the hardest module, for most people anyway, (especially me, and I did it for 2 years, so I've no excuse!!)

The best thing to do is not to panic.

Remember, you'll be rid of it in 3 weeks time!!!

And budgets are much easier, so next semester should be ok.

Best of luck in the exam!!!
    xxx
    Try doing 1st year business and german, ye business students have it so easy with the workload, im doing your entire course plus german on top of it (which is so much work).

I somehow managed to get the excel part of my case study finished today thank god so only a tiny bit let to write into the book (what a relief)

Good to hear that budgets are much easier than what we are doing this semester. Honestly I can never follow those lectures, would be so screwed without those tutorials.

Ya I heard it was tough with a language.

I just about finished with the Excel part, although...
    Where did ye put the Bank Rec. statement just after the Nominal Ledgers?
    It's not in the "written section" of the book, so do I put it in somewhere else in the excel, or do I hand in that page aswell?

Am I meant to hand in the book aswell?

Ya I heard it was tough with a language.

I just about finished with the Excel part, although...
    Where did ye put the Bank Rec. statement just after the Nominal Ledgers?
    It's not in the "written section" of the book, so do I put it in somewhere else in the excel, or do I hand in that page aswell?

Am I meant to hand in the book aswell?
    As far as im aware you only do that part if your doing the case study in the book, just leave it out.

But ill ask a mate tomorrow and get back to ya just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

figures anybody??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

figures anybody??

Asking for advice is all well and good and is to be encouraged, but asking for flat out answers is a bit of a no no! Especially on a public forum!

Of course, its years since I did accounting so you may just be asking for the final balance or something :p

• Advertisement

figures anybody??
    Weren't we giving out ending figures in the lecture to check if were correct?

1huge1 wrote: »
    Weren't we giving out ending figures in the lecture to check if were correct?

For the Preilminary Trial Balance, yes.
    But not for the Final Balances.

I am currently really stuck of the Final TB.

My Adjustment totals worked out, as far as I know.

Does anybody have a clue how to do the Stock bit??!

Advertisement