Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop - Colour mixing like artist pallet

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Is there a way in photoshop to set up your layers so if you had RED painted in 1 layer and YELLOW in another if the layers overlap each other you would see ORANGE and so on..

1 way i found was to lower the oppacity of the layers, But the colour i'm painting you car barely see

Is there any other way ?

I've attached an image

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I think you need to change the blending mode of the layers. Have a read of this:

Blending Modes Explained

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could use colour channels in either RGB mode of CMYK mode.

You then paint white onto a black bacground onto each channel to get the desired result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

5uspect wrote: »
    You could use colour channels in either RGB mode of CMYK mode.

You then paint white onto a black bacground onto each channel to get the desired result.

ya thats kinda what i'm looking for.
    But with an artist side of it. Like all 3 colours dont make white. But it's something to work from

Thanks,.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Paint is different to light, Photoshop uses various colour spaces such as rgb, cmyk, LAB to emu;ate colour in various bit depths.

Advertisement