Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 320d Window Switch .Where to Get One Cheap?Easy Swop Job?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Im looking to replace a 2001BMW 320d Front passenger side single (as has manual rear windows?)electric window switch .Any suggestions where I might get a cheap one handy?They are about 45-50 euro new so should be able to pick up a used one for half or less ,yes?Is it just a question of lifting up the surround carefully with a flat head screwdriver and plugging out/in electric connector or are there hidden ,nasty clips that snap/break?!Thanks!

(Pretty specific stuff I know but Im sure someone here has done this ,maybe even has one to sell?)

Also the car is SLOW!!!Presumably Air Mass Flow Meter gone(as discussed on thread elsewhere)?Strange as no negative symptoms other than just lack of acceleration...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

pretty specific topic yes - pity your post is not :confused: i cant make that out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

ytareh wrote: »
    Im looking to replace a 2001BMW 320d Front passenger side single (as has manual rear windows?)electric window switch .Any suggestions where I might get a cheap one handy?They are about 45-50 euro new so should be able to pick up a used one for half or less ,yes?Is it just a question of lifting up the surround carefully with a flat head screwdriver and plugging out/in electric connector or are there hidden ,nasty clips that snap/break?!Thanks!

(Pretty specific stuff I know but Im sure someone here has done this ,maybe even has one to sell?)

Also the car is SLOW!!!Presumably Air Mass Flow Meter gone(as discussed on thread elsewhere)?Strange as no negative symptoms other than just lack of acceleration...

Yes its an easy job.
    Pop up the gear lever boot and you will see some philips screws,take them out then disconnect the switch connector and unclip it from the surround.

As for the car being slow....well i didn't read that thread so no comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

ytareh wrote: »

Are you sure its just the switch? have you tried swapping the passenger & drivers side ones?

In your car the switch does not switch any power, just turns on an input to the ZKE module...

It might not be your MAF, you'll need to get diagnostic equipment hooked up and see... it could even be a simple vacuum leak

Advertisement