Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business DSL on a residential line.

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Quick query, I have two lines running into the house one is a business line and the other is residential. I am hoping to get a business dsl package on the residential number. (cant get it on the business one a long long story!) would this be possible does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Of course, a business package is practically the same - just with a Static IP and maybe slight more cost. You will need a registered Business name in order to get a Business account but sure, you can do that online if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh aye fully vat registered etc. Thankyou for the reply.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah course you will, generally the only restriction I've seen from ISP's when it comes to business lines is when your signing up they need company details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I don't think that was what the OP was asking.

Short of converting the residential account to a business one, I don't know what would definitey work. I'd call eircom on 1901 to see if you can order a business DSL service on a residential line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

One thing to be wary of, if you get a business product on the residential line, is you probably won't be able to avail of any residential call packages. That's if you're worried about anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well I rang up BT and got chatting to them, the guy said I can get in the business dsl package no hassle at all etc. He then asked if I wished to transfer the voice calls over to a business package, I declined. He told me it shouldnt interfere with the existing BT voice package on the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

You dont need a business name / vat number for the business package from Eircom. Just order it over the phone.

Advertisement