Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Ink

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I plan on getting my first colour tattoo in a few weeks and there is a lot of red in it. I have read that its the only ink that is not hypo-allergenic, but is it only in very rare cases people are allergic to it or is it quite common? Anyone here have any experiences with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Depends on the person and the brand of red ink used.Ive never had any problems with red inks but a friends red ink goes all raised in the sun.

Get the artist to do a small patch test before you get the ink done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jabroni

ye thats a good idea. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Have 2 tattoos in red ink, for a short while it did look as though my body was rejecting it with the way the skin was reacting, now it's just that the skin over those tattoos seems to shed more than anywhere else, but other than when showering or if you look really closely it's not noticeable.
    Reality is, just as with anything in life there is a risk of reacting to it, you won't know for sure until you encounter it, out of the standard tattoo inks red is just particularly prone to reactions.

Advertisement