Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

no power in van

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

this morning driving to work,stopped at a shop and when i drove off again there is no power in the van,basicly getting about 40 mph,its like im weighted down.there is now at light on dash called the "powertrain" in the manual.this light came on about 2 months ago and dropped power only for a few seconds so sent it to ford garage under warranty,they changed something in exhaust.its now out of warranty by a month.its a 2.2tdci transit,could it be fuel pump,turbo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd bring it straight back to Ford if I were you. Assuming it's been properly serviced i'd expect they'll look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

What year is it?

The transit's have trouble with the EGR,which would cause a power loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

06 new model,its the map sensor the local ford garage have told me.its only a month out of warranty so dont know will it cost me yet

Advertisement