Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people you've met!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Met Pierce Turner after one of his gigs. Absolute pure gentleman and sartorially on the ball. And above all a good showman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

woody harrelson. he hung out/partied in my gaf in the wee hours of the morning when he was promoting a film at the galway film fleadh a few years ago ( i got starstruck and had to go to bed until he left. i'm such a tard like that).
    martin sheen. i chatted to him about ten minutes without realising who he was ( i was serving him pizza, very nice gentleman indeed).
    madge from neighbours. she rocks. again with the pizza .:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I used to work the desk/ floor in an aquarium and met Rossa ó Snodaigh from Kila, a few fair city people (see the cast all the time around town), Adrian Kennedy, Blathnaid McKenna (she did a bikini photoshoot with a spider crab. Funny schit! :D). They were all pleasant and polite. Had film crews in a good bit too. One time Bon Jovi brought his kids but I wasn't working that day.

When I was in New York, Christine Baranski (Mamma Mia) strutted past me in her shades and hat speaking very loudly on her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

I met Patrick Mc Goohan and Anthony Zerbe aka "Matthias" from The Omega Man in Trim around 2000 - I was an extra in a movie they were making called "The Castle"

Also met

Alan Parker

Tears For Fears

Samantha Mumba

Steve Hackett the original guitarist with Genesis on "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"

Anna Friel

The Revs (where are they now?)

And many more.. have to go away and remember all now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭HydeRoad

I met Patrick Mc Goohan and Anthony Zerbe aka "Matthias" from The Omega Man in Trim around 2000 - I was an extra in a movie they were making called "The Castle"

Patrick McGoohan RIP, died three days ago, Jan 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Met most of the Irish rugby team, New Zealand team, Harry Ellis, quite alot of bands, Serge Betsen in St.Stephens Green shopping centre, quite a few of the Munster players that beat the All blacks in '78(?) I think. Probably more but can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Samantha Mumba

The Revs (where are they now?)

I met the Revs at a gig in town years back. They were chatting to the audience and making improv songs based on our suggestions after the gig. He chose mine.. and I caught a drumstick. A magical day. I was on stage with Dropkick Murphys another time

Saw Samantha Mumba and Mondo from Fair City (told ye I see them everywhere!) at Keith Barry's show. They sat in front of us, kicked this couple out of their seats. Wank3rs. :mad:

Another time, at David Blane's book signing in Eason (weird guy).. her little brother, Omero was trying to skip in front and I told security and he got booted to the end. I skipped though. :D

Loads more! Linda Martin, the Den guy and Brendan with the weird forehead from the Indo were visiting in a school I worked in. Linda is a perma tan skeleton. Brendan is sound.

Met Andrea Roche in that new bar above Purty Kitchen, she's nice enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Met Liam Gallagher in Niketown in Chicago just before Christmas. He was sitting beside me while we were both trying on runners. Nice chap. They were doing a gig that night just outside Chicago.

Sat beside Chris Robinson (singer Black Crowes) on a flight to the U.S years ago.
    Was in Larry Holmes (former heavy weight boxer. I could be wrong but I think he might have been a former world champ as well) house in Easton Pennsylvania when I was a kid. He's a neighbour of my aunt. His swimming pool was in the shape of a boxing glove.

Sat beside Ryan Giggs on a flight from Dublin to Manchester back in 1993.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Bryan Adams
    Emma Bunton
    Denis Irwin
    Boyzone (loads)
    Mick McCarthy
    Christy Dignam Aslan
    Ppl from Corrie
    James Belushi
    Tony from Spandau Ballet
    Gay Byrne
    Westlife
    Damien Duff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 StackODinos

kind of random but Ethan Embry and Damon Wayans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrishMetalGirl

I've met Des Bishop...
    Lordi The band....:D
    Geff Green... He did something or other with the band Wings...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

Was having lunch in a hotel in Galway on New Years day years ago and Ronan Keating was there bringing his bags out to the car. People were standing around yawking at him! My Dad, not knowing who he was asked my Mam "Who's that?" to which she replied, really loudly "thats Jason DOnovan!!" You could see him smiling as he took the bags out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

:)Was having lunch in a hotel in Galway on New Years day years ago and Ronan Keating was there bringing his bags out to the car. People were standing around yawking at him! My Dad, not knowing who he was asked my Mam "Who's that?" to which she replied, really loudly "thats Jason DOnovan!!" You could see him smiling as he took the bags out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

hmmm let's see, apart from the likes of Ian Dempsey and Ray D'arcy (had a massive crush!!) I brushed hands with Noel Gallagher in 2005..I class it as a meet!!! Okay, it doesn't qualify as such:)

My brothers met Johnny Greenwood in Temple Bar hours before their gig. He was dead sound and had a chat. One brother also met Peter Kaye. Legend:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

I was a cameraman for 9 years, and met some big and small celebs over the years! I was also studio camera man for the Spice girls first ever tv performance in the UK! Heres some of my list in no particular order

Bryan adams
    Robbie Williams
    Take That
    Boyzone
    Westlife
    Girls aloud
    Cast of My Name is Earl
    Mila Kunis
    NKOTB
    Will young
    Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Dirk Benedict(Face from A-Team)
    Marylin Manson
    Carmen Electra
    Mariah Carey
    The Killers
    Will Ferrell
    Sylvester Stallone
    Wesley Snipes
    Michael Douglas
    The Entire cast of the Simpsons!( My Favourite out of the whole lot lol)
    Spice Girls
    Coolio
    Verne Troyer
    Blur
    U2
    Tom Cruise
    Bonnie Tyler(lol)
    5ive
    My Chemical Romance
    Quentin Tarintino
    All of the RTE, TV3 and TG4 presenters

Loads more just cant list them all here!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Gabriel Byrne.....I shook his hand in Dingle

Seen Roger Moore, Samantha Mumba, Gay Byrne and Bjorn from Abba at when I was working in Dublin Airport

Seen Johnathan Rhys Meyers in some posh hotel in LA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

hector , the other day, seems really sound, as you'd think.. and the whirlagig witch. from fortycoats, bien sur..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Flipper Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Bosco - Life changing event. He She It was really nice to me and made me feel really relaxed.

I was a cameraman for 9 years, and met some big and small celebs over the years! I was also studio camera man for the Spice girls first ever tv performance in the UK! Heres some of my list in no particular order

Bryan adams
    Robbie Williams
    Take That
    Boyzone
    Westlife
    Girls aloud
    Cast of My Name is Earl
    Mila Kunis
    NKOTB
    Will young
    Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Dirk Benedict(Face from A-Team)
    Marylin Manson
    Carmen Electra
    Mariah Carey
    The Killers
    Will Ferrell
    Sylvester Stallone
    Wesley Snipes
    Michael Douglas
    The Entire cast of the Simpsons!( My Favourite out of the whole lot lol)
    Spice Girls
    Coolio
    Verne Troyer
    Blur
    U2
    Tom Cruise
    Bonnie Tyler(lol)
    5ive
    My Chemical Romance
    Quentin Tarintino
    All of the RTE, TV3 and TG4 presenters

Loads more just cant list them all here!

Wow lucky you!!! Robbie Williams yum!

• Advertisement

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Bosco - Life changing event. He She It was really nice to me and made me feel really relaxed.

Haha good oul' Bosco.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

George Bush Snr - at an Easter party when I was about 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i met the irish footie team on my communion day(they were staying in the hotel i went to for dinner). was the day before mick mc carthy's testimonial match and roy keane had done a disappearing act. all lovely, they signed my prayer book!!!have a lovel pic of me and mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I had a pint with Paul Heaton
    Same as above with Liam (or Noel, no idea which was which at the time) Gallagher.
    And I had a game of pool with Alex Higgins, he won needless to say.

Can't think of anyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Wednesday 13, Great guy really friendly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ForTheLoveOf_Fi

Colin Farrel when he was filming in Castletownbere last summer for his film Ondine. Nice guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Kenny Dalglish a few years ago when manager of Blackburn. Uncle told him I was a Liverpool fan and that I didnt like Dalglish any more. Needless to say I went scarlet but still got his autograph.

Had a photo taken with McManaman and Fowler. Met Shearer as well.

Oh, met Christy Moore as well.....Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Hmm :confused: I organised the extras for that. Never heard a word about it since. Must have been buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Jon Bon Jovi in Vegas
    One or two more and lots which I will keep to myself for the fear for being slated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

something ive wondered about,
    i met Kate Moss buying fags in a small shop nr camden
    finley quaye hailing a taxi in camden
    robbie williams and the appleton one outside a pub in camden
    the pogues in a pub in camden,long long ago
    madonna in mr pussys also long time ago
    peter o toole falling out of a pub in chelsea
    Lee Marvin , Peter Sellers,
    Seamus Heaney, Sammy Cahn and Brett Smiley (remember him?) in Celbridge
    U2 at one of their first gigs they were bottom of the bill
    the aphex twin in a pool hall in soho
    primal scream bobbie gillespie and damon albarn outside tescos portobello rd
    oh oh real excitement
    Baz and Katherine Lynch at Electric Picnic last year. not together .
    yer man from the prodigy, guy from stero mcs
    Lenny Henry, Paul Foot,
    Johnny Thunders with simon carmody in grafton st
    Glen Hansard, hothouse flowers, alan rickman, sting in grafton st
    clive owen , simply red, eurythmics, the divine comedy, james iha, the dandy warhols ,the verve i could go on, i just seem to have a knack of tripping over famous or talented or celebrated albeit momentarily people and to be honest when i think about it ,what good has it done me , has it paid my bills, got me a job, impressed anyone, and the answer has to be a great big no.
    maybe i should cobble together a few notes and photys and call it a book of my life with .... whoever, and do a whole series.maybe i could be famous just for having been in the presence of famous peeps, .. then again i could just save my energy to spend time with my friends and family.

Advertisement