Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Warhead before Crysis?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Someone just got me Crysis Warhead, I must be the only person on the planet with a good spec PC that has not played Crysis yet....

My question is, playing Warhead first, will I miss out on key story line/plot? Or can I just go and play and come back to Crysis at some point later?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Hello all,
    My question is, playing Warhead first, will I miss out on key story line/plot? Or can I just go and play and come back to Crysis at some point later?

I wouldn't be too worried: the story isn't exactly complex gound breaking stuff to say the least!:D

Go ahead and play warhead.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The stories for both run in parallel and are effectively separate, so I don't think playing Warhead would spoil the first game in any way. Warhead's story doesn't assume any knowledge of the first game's story. It's not exactly story-driven anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well it would ruin it to an extent, there are areas where you hear radio chatter from events that happened in the first, to let you know where you are in the timeline. I'd play the original Crysis first and then Warhead. As Warhead is superior imo you'll be ending on a crescendo, rather than fizzling out at the end of Crysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,266 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some things in Warhead arent introduced as subtly as they are in Crysis. But its not like the 6th sense or anything - youd be able to enjoy it in either order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd do Crysis first, You'd understand things better then

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

understand what, that you're supposed to shoot everybody else on the island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Edit: OP, don't read this spoiler
    Mordeth wrote: »
    understand what, that you're supposed to shoot everybody else on the island?

:rolleyes:
    Aliens, blue flying things, the big thing sticking up in the middle of the island, the alien ship, why there's snow etc. etc
    . It doesn't explain anyhting in Warhead, it just presumes You've played the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Aliens, blue flying things, the big thing sticking up in the middle of the island, the alien ship, why there's snow etc. etc
    . It doesn't explain anyhting in Warhead, it just presumes You've played the first.

OP do not read this spoiler, but you should really play Crysis before Warhead
    Yeah the aliens are introduced a lot more dramatically in the first, in Warhead they are just plonked in the storyline. In the original you are just going along and the whole mountain starts crumbling as the alien ship emerges,
    this will be ruined if you play warhead first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the aliens do a decent enough job of ruining crysys, whatever the OP does won't really make a difference

Advertisement