Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NI Reg'd Car Log Book Help

Options
  • 21-11-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey, friend of mine bought a commercial van over a month ago but still hasn't recieved his log book in the post. He tried to ring back the seller but can't get hold of him. Can he ring the dvla in N. Ireland and get a replacement ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is your friend living in the Republic? If so, he should have taken the V5 with him when he bought the van - UK-registered vehicles cannot be registered to people living outside of the United kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

Yes you can order a new copy of the V5 log book. I think this will cost you £25 roughly 30euro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

pf85 wrote: »
    Yes you can order a new copy of the V5 log book. I think this will cost you £25 roughly 30euro..

Ya i thought so - but what stops anyone ringing up pretending to be the new owner and getting the v5?

Ronanom wrote: »
    Ya i thought so - but what stops anyone ringing up pretending to be the new owner and getting the v5?

This service is only for a ordering a replacement copy of the log book so it will only be sent to the current registered owner thats on the V5.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm guessing it gets sent to the currently registered owner.;)

• Advertisement

You could try ringing up and asking them to find out. Think this should the right number: 0870 240 0010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Ok, was talking to my friend again and he tells me he was in contact with the seller and he insists that he sent it to the dvla in belfast. I rang them - but they tell me that they won't send on a v5 form to a person living in Ireland.

Find this strange cause I bought a car in the UK a couple years ago and the seller sent of the v5 to the dvla in swansea and weeks later I recieved the v5 in my name..

Advertisement