Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aargh - more short-stackers

Options
  • 21-11-2008 1:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

One thing that really gets to me is the amount of regular short-stackers, i have just recently started playing cash - only .50/1 on PP but the same regs keep popping up with the minimum buy-in - $20. When they get to say $35 or so, they sitout and leave. When they go bust they buy-back to $20 and this is only when they go bust, even when they have say $6 they still sit there. There are at nearly every table.

I know PP have a few tables min. buyin is 50 buyins but not enough of these. Its about time poker-sites introduce more of these games to alienate these freaks. Also why a max buyin of only 100 BB's - they should increase this as well, introduce tables with a minimum buyin of 100/200 BB's. I only play on I-poker as i dont have a credit card but this is a serious problem - lack of decent action tables.

They also change the state of the game - i find i rarely tend to preflop bluff raise into these freaks as i dont want to call a push with 10 high - perhaps this is a leak in my game but they just annoy me.

INTRODUCE MORE LARGER BUYIN TABLES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

change sites IMO can u fund Netteller etc with Laser or else just get a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

You should be thankfull that you don't play on Everest as the min buyin there is 10bb and they all buyin for this. Its much much worse there as you are nearly priced into calling them with most of your opening range. Most of the time I end up calling them anyway as I gain a lot of +EV happiness by my Q8 busting there AQ or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Short stackers are usually players who float about playing sng's or tounaments and are usually just looking to double their buy in quick. It can really mess up table dynamics if there are a few of them at the table. They will usually be stacking off with a top pair on the flop, or AK, AQ or pairs 88+ pre. I find there is some value in short stacks but I certainly wouldn't like to be playing at a table full of them and keep getting re-shoved on. Change sites imo. Full tilt has huge amounts of games running all the time at 100NL, and you can table select a lot more.

The type of shortstackers that the OP is referring to are guys that play as many tables as they can and just buy in for the minimum and only make 1 move which is allin trying to pick up peoples raises and their blinds. These guys play on the site all day and leave the table once they have doubled up and go to another to try and do the same again. They play about 18% of their hands and just use the "allin" button.

These type of players are called "pro shortstackers" and just work off shoving different hand ranges from different positions. Would be very easy to make a bot to play like this which is what worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Apparently the 10bb guys' strategy on Everest is good for 0.5ptbb/100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

stars is as bad.

can't stand them and would be happy if they died

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Yeah they are extremely annoying, I dunno what the remedy is-

Violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

beat them ldo

beat them ldo

What does ldo mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

digiman wrote: »
    What does ldo mean?

like duh obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Them furry little bastards are all over ipoker aswell. Just raise their blinds thats what i do anwyay.
    I started poker about 6 weeks ago ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

zuutroy wrote: »
    Apparently the 10bb guys' strategy on Everest is good for 0.5ptbb/100

Thats actually quite impressive. Fueled by people like me spite-calling no doubt though!

Advertisement