Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB2 instrument info anybody?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the story with Rock Band 2's instruments are?I.e. Whats the release date for them? I want the game quite badly but I am not going to bloody purchase the first game & it's lower quality instruments due to impatience. Rang around a few game shops & they don't even seem to have release dates for the insturments. Are we really such a pack of lepers in this country that we have to be left SO damn far behind everywhere else in terms of these releases? As an addendum - is the Guitar hero world tour fancy guitar out yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I don't think the GH:WT guitar is out yet.... Are you saying that RB2 is out today, but not the instruments for it? damn, I thought the instruments were out also.

ebay them! might be better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Yeah indeed that's what I am saying. I rang the two largest game suppliers in Dublin (I'm not sure if I can name them here) & one told me they weren't stocking the instruments & the other told me they arn't out yet & not only that, but they don't even have a freaking release date!!!!!! I am not a happy monkey, because I was awating Rock Band 2 & it's fancy new instruments with a glee that was so childlike, I am sure I must have jumped up and down thinking about it at least once. :( A good friend of mine is ringing a large game shop in Newry/Belfast & we are gonna drive up tomorrow if they have it there. Although knowing how this crap tends to go, I am sure it's only bloody main land UK that has it at the moment & I may just have to order off eBay.Sigh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Loads of GH:WT guitars and band kits for all formats in HMV Grafton Street earlier. No new RB2 stuff though other than the game only and a few old RB1 band kits dragged out from the back of their store room.

I've just spent my whole lunch break checking dublin city centre...

None of the game shops I went into have a release date on the instruments for RB2... even a full band kit :(

At LEAST they got the game to us within 6 months of it being released in the US... better than RB1.. maybe RB3 will be quicker again
    NOT!

I asked a few shops and they don't sell the GH:WT new guitar separately either... They said to buy the game+guitar and trade back the game :(

I'm going to go home tonight and check out eBay for RB2 & instruments - if they don't have them, then I'm gonna get guitar hero WT and play that for a while. bastids :( If I didn't want RB2 so damn bad, I would not be purchasing it, due to this. But that's meaningless because I'm going to take it when I can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I wouldn't recomend getting the full gh:wt kit as the drums are meant to be just as bad as rb1.

I wouldn't recomend getting the full gh:wt kit as the drums are meant to be just as bad as rb1.

Cheers for the info senor - I was only going to get the guitar - already have Gh3 guitar & a mates gh2 guitar lying around the place - but a good geek mate of mine said the touch pad on the new one is animal for the hardest solos, so I want to give it a shot - and if it works in RB2, all the better :) Cheers nevertheless

jim o doom wrote: »
    Cheers for the info senor - I was only going to get the guitar - already have Gh3 guitar & a mates gh2 guitar lying around the place - but a good geek mate of mine said the touch pad on the new one is animal for the hardest solos, so I want to give it a shot - and if it works in RB2, all the better :) Cheers nevertheless

I'd just get the game on it's own then and use your existing guitars,the touch strip isn't all that useful. (it doesn't work on rock band either)

Quick question - does the guitar hero 3 wireless controller work with the rockband games? (on the 360)

Quick question - does the guitar hero 3 wireless controller work with the rockband games? (on the 360)

Yep all the 360 guitars work on rock band (i meant the touch strip doesnt work in rock band)

• Advertisement

sweet. Yeah I figured that's what you meant - well I may not have drums but at least I will be able to play the significantly better song list from RB2 & RB1, which means I might not bother with wourld tour after all. The song list is uniquely uninspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Jim,

Im in the same boat as you. I am getting rock band 2 as a present for christmas and am wondering whether to get RB1 instruments as i don't know when the RB2 instruments are out.

I don't want to get the RB1's as the problems are huge from looking in different forums. RB2's has its problems too (sensitivity and unrecorded notes due to the wireless) and the price might be too expensive(when released). Can i import from america a set of RB2's to work here?

I was just wondering what is my best option? Any opinions/solutions?

xbox gamer wrote: »
    Can i import from america a set of RB2's to work here?

I was just wondering what is my best option? Any opinions/solutions?

Yes you can... they will work here same as in the US... Only thing is high shipping costs.

The RB1 guitar is fine... it's only the drums that are dodgy. RB2 drums are supposed to be much much better.

My soloution is that I already have 2 guitar hero guitars in my house constantly, so I'm just going to buy the Rock Band 2 game and play it with the 2 controllers that I already own until the RB2 ones are released here.The RB2 controllers are pretty damn expensive to import through eBay - one of them was working out at 250 euro with delivery for the US one, so the game itself wouldn't work, only the instruments. I'm defo not going to get the the RB1 instruments for the reasons you lifted above.. so patience is my only resort (except for the guitars I have) for the drums and what not :\

Cully wrote: »
    RB2 drums are supposed to be much much better.

I read through a number of forums that the sensitivity is awful in some of the pads and people had to bring them back as soon as opened the box. Also the fact that it is wireless means that some notes, when played, are lagged.

Would it be worth hanging around/importing RB2 instruments? Or just stick to RB1?

I read through a number of forums that the sensitivity is awful in some of the pads and people had to bring them back as soon as opened the box. Also the fact that it is wireless means that some notes, when played, are lagged.

Would it be worth hanging around/importing RB2 instruments? Or just stick to RB1?

That's up to you. Do you play on expert drums? If so, then get the best set you can get your hands on. I have 2 sets of the RB1 drums and they were fine for the most part... Sure, there are little problems with them, but they are easily fixed.

In my case, I bought a €1500 electric drumset as I wanted more reliability :P

I don't know my standard yet, haven't played the game. Hopefully i'll pick it up quickly. Whats the main problems with RB1 drums? Id just hate to buy them only for them to break in a week or so.

I don't know my standard yet, haven't played the game. Hopefully i'll pick it up quickly. Whats the main problems with RB1 drums? Id just hate to buy them only for them to break in a week or so.

two main problems...

1. Dull Pads that give out random misses.... If you "Coin-mod" yours it'll be a lot better... Search youtube for "coin-mod rock band drums" and it'll show you how.

2. Bass Pedal WILL break (not if).... Best if you reinforce it somehow from the start... I duct taped thin chopsticks to mine after it cracked in half... but it's perfect since.

As you haven't played.. my tips would be... DONT HIT THE PADS TOO HARD!!!
    This WILL break the pads, or dent the heads... both leading to less sensitivity. (believe me.. I've done both) If you find you have to hit them hard, then there's something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Where can I import the full Rockband 2 kit + game for ps3?

No ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Does anyone have a release date for the instruments yet ?

• Advertisement

no idea dude, 2 shops of large chains said the wouldnt even BE getting them in AT ALL because of the prohibitive cost! I had to order the drums of a DJ website over in England.. cheaper than ordering from the states on eBay - but still pretty pricey - delivery time was only 2 business days (and the weekend)- ordered last friday & were delivered monday. They are sweeeeet btw :)

no idea dude, 2 shops of large chains said the wouldnt even BE getting them in AT ALL because of the prohibitive cost! I had to order the drums of a DJ website over in England.. cheaper than ordering from the states on eBay - but still pretty pricey - delivery time was only 2 business days (and the weekend)- ordered last friday & were delivered monday. They are sweeeeet btw :)

Any Links ?

OK What would your advice be for the set, basically I only played RB a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it. I want to get the set up this side of Christmas (as the young fella had a go to and has it on his list so ...:D)

bennyc wrote: »
    Any Links ?

OK What would your advice be for the set, basically I only played RB a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it. I want to get the set up this side of Christmas (as the young fella had a go to and has it on his list so ...:D)
    , Is there a massive difference in the new Kit I imagine there has to be. Would it be worth buying GH WT Set and getting the RB2 game. XBox by the way

The new drums are WAY better than the old ones & the GH3 ones.. in fact I am pretty sure the ION pro (expensive as hell) drums work on both games as well.. (it says they do on the website I purchased them off anyway..). I didn't buy a full kit - I just got the drums as I already have guitars from previous guitar hero games & no mic (as I have a voice like a frog being raped). I won't have a link for a few days yet, because I just moved gaff & all the info is on my PC which has no web connection or anything at the mo (or is in fact even out of it's box). How I found the company, was I went on ebay.CO.UK - found the english sellars of the rockband II ion drums & asked them if they would ship to Ireland. One guy got back to me, said he would & told me to use his proper website instead of eBay & sent me a link.. if you don't mind waiting, I should have access to my pc soon & have links for yez..totally worth the extra dosh, but if money is tight the first kit ain't THAT horrible to use :)

(as I have a voice like a frog being raped)

ARGHHHH MY BRAIN!

Thank you for that image! :eek:

Rock Band (and I think GH:WT) works with any USB Mic, so no need to get the band in a box for that.

Also... You could probably pick up the guitars cheap new or second hand somewhere if you looked.. They are all over the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Anyone know if rock band 2 with all the instruments is going to be available before christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Anyone know if rock band 2 with all the instruments is going to be available before christmas?

Went into GameStop yesterday and asked about the instruments, they said they more than likely won't be in before Christmas. HMV hadn't a clue either, although the game by itself is cheaper in HMV. €53 compared to €60 in GameStop. Disappointed, I want the drums to finish off the set and I'm not going near the RB1 drumset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Went into GameStop yesterday and asked about the instruments, they said they more than likely won't be in before Christmas. HMV hadn't a clue either, although the game by itself is cheaper in HMV. €53 compared to €60 in GameStop. Disappointed, I want the drums to finish off the set and I'm not going near the RB1 drumset.

Aye I was going to get Rock Band 2 with all the instruments and GHWT with the guitar,so I'd have a full set(guitar,bass,drums,vocals). I've never owned a guitar hero/rock band game before so I have to get all the instruments from scratch. Guess I might have to buy the GHWT band in a box,though I've heard the drums aren't that good.

I picked up GHWT guitar pack at the weekend also. Was gonna wait for the RB2 instruments also but with no word on the release, im tempted to get the GHWT set for christmas.

I was just wondering if anybody knows if Lips is compatible with GHWT. I was searching and found that it is compatible with RB as a patch will be released soon, but nothing for GHWT.

• Advertisement

I picked up GHWT guitar pack at the weekend also. Was gonna wait for the RB2 instruments also but with no word on the release, im tempted to get the GHWT set for christmas.

I was just wondering if anybody knows if Lips is compatible with GHWT. I was searching and found that it is compatible with RB as a patch will be released soon, but nothing for GHWT.

Lips is not compatible with RB... It may be in the future, but I kinda doubt it.

Same reason It's not compatible with GH:WT... I have all 3 and I tried the Lips controller in RB and GH:WT... no joy.

Advertisement