Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB2 instrument info anybody?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Thanks Cully,
    I got lips today cause at €38.99 in HMV and 10% student discount off doesn't seem too bad. Especially if both RB and GH are trying to create a patch for the wireless mics

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

xbox gamer wrote: »
    Thanks Cully,
    I got lips today cause at €38.99 in HMV and 10% student discount off doesn't seem too bad. Especially if both RB and GH are trying to create a patch for the wireless mics

Nice and cheap..... for a student :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks Cully,

Apparently theres now a patch for rock band so the lips mic's work in it now:
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/06/lips-patch-brings-microphone-compatibility-to-rock-band/

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Apparently theres now a patch for rock band so the lips mic's work in it now:
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/06/lips-patch-brings-microphone-compatibility-to-rock-band/

uh no... did you read it?

"though there's no definite date to latch on to."

They are planning to make one is all they said there.

I do have a little bit of a problem with the Lips microphones... They NEVER turn off.. no matter how many times I press that power button (yes I know I'm supposed to hold it for 3 seconds, wait for the flash and then it's off).. I just pull out the batteries. Another issue I have is that it causes a bit of lag.. I had to change the offset a little bit on Lips so that it is synched up correctly. This isn't a problem... for Lips... But in RB or RB2 if I do the same thing, the Mic will work, but then the other instruments will go off sync.. and nobody will like that.

Just an FYI if you are planning to get it for RB.... I would like to see how the Mad Catz wireless mic works out.... No lag = win. Unfortunately, I don't think they can create a wireless mic with no lag. Sure, your LCD or Plasma TV can lag, but then it's a different amount of lag than the wireless thing... bleh.. hassle.

I have been searching forums and news articles to find a release date for the rb2 instruments. It is rumoured that it is the 15th of this month, but you never know as they might not be released until january.

Any opinions or thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I have been searching forums and news articles to find a release date for the rb2 instruments. It is rumoured that it is the 15th of this month, but you never know as they might not be released until january.

Any opinions or thoughts on this?

Considering no EU site has any info on them, it'll be next year.
    Which screws me over, I don't know whether to buy the RB1 set or GH:WT..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

If you have spare cash - buy the RBII drums online, they literally p!ss all over the first kit - the "skins" (rubber pads) are changable if you wear them down, they have a similar rebound/elasticity to real drum skins, and are SUPER fun to play, in fact I haven't played another game since I got the damn things, my fiancee however, wants to set them on fire - it's my noisiest and most annoying toy as far as she is concerned - worse than the BB guns and me and 5 drunk mates outside shooting targets, so from her POV it must be SERIOUSLY irritating. Don't care though, it's great pretending I can play the drums :)

jim o doom wrote: »
    they have a similar rebound/elasticity to real drum skins

I SERIOUSLY doubt it. From reviews I hear that they are more accurate and quieter.

When you say "rebound" and "elasticity"... do you mean they are the same as an Electric Drumkit? Surely not an acoustic. I personally have an electric drumkit and I have 2 types of heads on it... There are rubber heads (PD-8) and Mesh heads (PDX-8). I would imagine the Rock Band 2 pads to be similar to the rubber ones, but the mesh ones are more bouncy and are more like acoustic drum heads.

Here's a pic of the rubber pads I have...
    pd-8.jpg

If you have spare cash - buy the RBII drums online, they literally p!ss all over the first kit - the "skins" (rubber pads) are changable if you wear them down, they have a similar rebound/elasticity to real drum skins, and are SUPER fun to play, in fact I haven't played another game since I got the damn things, my fiancee however, wants to set them on fire - it's my noisiest and most annoying toy as far as she is concerned - worse than the BB guns and me and 5 drunk mates outside shooting targets, so from her POV it must be SERIOUSLY irritating. Don't care though, it's great pretending I can play the drums :)

Where abouts did you get the instruments from and how much did it set you back? Im interested cause i want the rb2's but i can't wait forever......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Where abouts did you get the instruments from and how much did it set you back? Im interested cause i want the rb2's but i can't wait forever......

Looked on ebay.co.uk for ION rockband II drums, emailed the sellers, one directed me to their webpage off eBay. Cost near enough 300 blips - but worth it.Cully - yeah like the rubber ones, not flat rubber but with a substance underneath, so if you tap it holding the stick lightly, the stick bounces nicely a few times.. best way I can put it in words anyways :)

• Advertisement

Looked on ebay.co.uk for ION rockband II drums, emailed the sellers, one directed me to their webpage off eBay. Cost near enough 300 blips - but worth it.

I don't think that purchasing drums for €300 would be an option of mine. See i haven't played the game and think a cheaper kit would do until i become better. I don't want to buy the RB1 kit because of the problems. Guess i'll just have to wait :rolleyes:

Looked on ebay.co.uk for ION rockband II drums, emailed the sellers, one directed me to their webpage off eBay. Cost near enough 300 blips - but worth it.Cully - yeah like the rubber ones, not flat rubber but with a substance underneath, so if you tap it holding the stick lightly, the stick bounces nicely a few times.. best way I can put it in words anyways :)

Sounds like the rubber pads... You do know that the ION kit is a cheap electric drumkit right? it has midi out and stuff.. except, you don't need and extra controller to connect to it as they already stuck that on there.

I would definitely have bought it if I didn't get the electric one :P

Advertisement